st.pauls girls school

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

londongirl

st.pauls girls school

Post by londongirl »

Hi there, can ANYONE tell me what kind of things are asked at the St. Paul's Girls school interview. I know that it is a bit different, but what is unusual. Are the girls asked to look at pictures, do mental maths, listen to a poem and comment etc. or is it entirely different. There must be one parent out there with a girl who has done it before. Anyone i know who I've asked has been vague! Help please please please , thanks so much in ad vance.
londongirl

Re: st.pauls girls school

Post by londongirl »

[quote="londongirl"]Hi there, can ANYONE tell me what kind of things are asked at the St. Paul's Girls school interview. I know that it is a bit different, but what is unusual. Are the girls asked to look at pictures, do mental maths, listen to a poem and comment etc. or is it entirely different. There must be one parent out there with a girl who has done it before. Anyone i know who I've asked has been vague! Help please please please , thanks so much in ad vance.[/quote]

Hi there, is ANYBODY out there who could help, even with a private message!! Thanks so much
*SuperStar*

St. Pauls interview

Post by *SuperStar* »

Hi,

I too am having an interview with St. Pauls. Could some one please give some information on what they are going to ask.

Thanks. :P
SilverGirl

St. Pauls Interview

Post by SilverGirl »

Hi,
Well, I went to the St Pauls interview last year, I'm now in St. Pauls so I will try and rack my brains for some sort of memory of what happened.

Ok, so this is what I remember:
I was first asked basic questions, about news and books etc.
Then, the inteviewer produced a rock with a fossil in it. I had to say how I thought the fossil had got in it.

So basically, there were some clever questions and also your basic ones.

SilverGirl
*SuperStar*

St Pauls

Post by *SuperStar* »

Hi Silvergirl,
I have taken the st pauls interview and the interviewer just asked me basic and normal questions, fav subjects and books, she didn't ask me much, not even why i wanted to go to st pauls???????!!!!!!!!!Can u or anyone else offer any information on the entrance exam apart from the fact that it is english, maths and science comprehension? :?:

superstarxxx

P.S. It is definatly science comprehension as it said clearly on my letter.

:wink: 8)
asha

Post by asha »

Any feedback? Heard it was extremely hard. The Maths was very tough and the Science was full of scientific concepts not covered in primary school. It also had some Verbal Reasoning. The English was complicated.
londongirl

Post by londongirl »

DD said there was no verbal reasoning, English straightforward with creative writing just a continuation of the comprehension, The science apparantly was something that you couldn't learn at school anyway - but very long, pages and pages of tricky stuff to read where you had to really think and give your own view in some cases. She liked it curiously. Maths long and complicated but she finished it and was reasonably happy.No more examinations now!
asha

Post by asha »

[ The science apparantly was something that you couldn't learn at school anyway - but very long, pages and pages of tricky stuff to read where you had to really think and give your own view in some cases. She liked it curiously.

Hi Londongirl,

Dd seemed to think there were two Maths questions in the Science comprehension (she got the first one) and some verbal reasoning. And a lot of Scientific facts in the comprehension! There wasn't just one comprehension, but a lot of little passages.
londongirl

Post by londongirl »

Hi Asha,
I think I just don't know anymore. I think there were some charts in the science (maybe that is what they mean when they say maths!). DD said tonight that in fact the English comprehension was definitely the hardest of all the comprehensions she had done but that she was fine with it, even though it was very long with lots of questions. Slightly different to what she said yesterday. I think there is no doubt that the St. Paul's paper is by far the absolute hardest in the exam circuit but then that isn't really a surprise is it. Did your DD do Putney High, Lady Elenor Holles or Latymer Upper?
At least it is all over except for some interviews. I have to confess that I feel the stress is over now but maybe I am being very naive about the importance of the interviews. Have you had other children do this before? I know now how horrible it is but next one is a boy so maybe it will be different, he is much younger anyway!
asha

Post by asha »

Hi Londongirl,

I'm still quite confused. DD hasn't said much about the English, except that the essay was about a wedding. The Maths, she said was as hard as Latymer (we should be hearing from Latymer on Monday or Tuesday) and the Science she said had several comprehensions - the first one was on space/radiation and was two pages with tiny font. There was another comprehension on Crop circles. You are right - St Paul's did have the hardest papers. My dd did consortium 1, 2, Latymer and St Paul's. Do you or any one else know what the cut off must be for St Paul's?