Boys attire for interviews?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PSP

Boys attire for interviews?

Post by PSP »

Advice will be much appreciated!

School uniform or smart jacket, trousers etc????
TMW

Post by TMW »

So far I have seen very smart boys in jackets ( too restricting for my lad) , middling smart - as mine and others were and also pretty scruffy in a rugby shirt or t shirt and jeans. Whatever they feel comfortable in I guess.
simon

Post by simon »

I've now been to Habs and MT for interviews and everyone I saw was wearing uniform.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

My son was asked to wear his uniform. I confess that we went out and bought him a new set!!
If in doubt, phone and ask or send your child in something smart like trousers and a shirt with buttons.
I would never recommend jeans. I think that what you wear is seen as a reflection of attitude, not that I necessarily agree.
:mrgreen:
TMW

Post by TMW »

simon wrote:I've now been to Habs and MT for interviews and everyone I saw was wearing uniform.
Strange isn't it. In our Habs group, noone did.

I usually settle for clean with my son, as he has entered an early teenager "grungy" phase. :shock:
Thea

Post by Thea »

Edsmum - can identify with that!
My son has an interview next week, and looking just now at his school jumpers am wondering if I can get a new one by Tuesday :cry:
Best Regards,
Thea
PSP

Post by PSP »

Had our Habs interview today, glad it is over with, I did not sleep a wink last night! Son wore uniform after all. I saw lots of boys in uniform and about 2-3 in very casual clothes including jeans.

My son thought the interview was not as gruelling as he expected it and seemed quite happy about the whole procedure. He did not get asked any Maths or Comp questions.

We have our MTS one on Monday.

Good luck to all with interviews pending.
Doubletrouble

Post by Doubletrouble »

We had our Habs interview today.

I let my son wear what he felt comfy in and he chose very casual clothes. :roll:

I would hope that the children would not be judged on their clothing but on their performance.

I saw children in suits and ties others in smart casual and a whole group of eight in identical school uniform.

I think mine was the scruffiest :oops: