Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: CHANNING INTERVIEWS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 pm 

My dd has been to a number of interviews over the last few days at independent schools. Most schools adopted a similar approach i.e. a friendly chat followed by showing a postcard or reading text and answering questions on it. All schools took detailed notes during the interview.

Channing however took no notes during the interview and dd was interviewed alongside another candidate. Although interview content was similar to the others she commented on the fact that the interviewer took no notes. How does the interviewer remember the candidates and how does Channing decide between candidates. I wonder if a choice is just made between the two candidates then and there. It would explain why no notes are taken. Does anyone have any idea :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:46 pm 

I understand the interviews were very short so it's likely the interviewer wrote notes after it was completed - but I can't really answer your question. I doubt a choice is made between the two candidates there and then - they only have 40 places and given they had 4 days of interviews, and looking at how many were there on Day 1, I would have thought they were interviewing between 150-200.