st marthas

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

marie24

st marthas

Post by marie24 »

Just posted this on the Herts forum perhaps this is a better area to post on.
have just recieved a letter from St Marthas offering my daughter a place. We must accept before 27th Feb and pay the fee of £750, after this date it's first come first served. We were hoping to have recieved our offer from the lea before making our final decision. Not sure what to do now any advice appreciated.
lion63

Post by lion63 »

4 years ago, 2 friends' daughters received offers from St. Martha's.

One accepted and paid deposit before LEA offer, got a comprehensive school they were not happy with and got a place finally on the waiting list for St. Michael's.
They opted to stay with St. Martha's.

The second one told St. Martha's that they would happily stay on the waiting list and waited till LEA offer, got a comprehensive school they were not happy with and was on waiting list for St. Michael's.
But the list was moving so slowly and in the end they went back to St. Martha's and got a place, almost immediately.

I heard they have an extra class for Yr 7 last year?
marie24

Post by marie24 »

Thank you for your reply lion63. My husband thinks we should wait until we recieve all offers before making a decision.
lion63

Post by lion63 »

Personally, I agree with your husband.
It is a lovely school, the girls are doing well there.

The second girl's mother was so confident that the school would accept them after LEA offer day. not all can afford private comfortably and pull out once they secure a selective place( state school) on waiting list. And this was 4 years ago when they had fewer places.

Good luck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now