henrietta barnet + independant offers

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Congratulations, I too, have been following with interest! So pleased for you! :lol:
chad

Post by chad »

Congratulations to your daughter....excellent news.
SteveDH

Post by SteveDH »

Congrats.. so this is where all the HBS people have been hanging out, was beginning to think there weren't any this year as the 'Hertfordshire (inc. LB Barnet) forum' has been quiet. :D
tfad

Post by tfad »

Dadwithtwodaughters wrote:Went to meet the family after work near Oxford Circus, for the 'Sound of Music' treat I had booked for my daughters hard work for the 11+; dug the phone out to find out where they were; had two missed calls, one from the wife and the other from HBS offering my daughter a place.

Found all three of them in Gap (what is it with woman and shopping?); I played the voice message back to my daughter, and the look on her face was priceless, as was my wife's beaming smile, even my youngest broke out into a big grin.

I'm not a huge fan of the selective process, but considering my daughters hard work and my wife's pressure, I really felt for her when she didn't get the result; we had even written off getting on the waiting list as she had gone way off topic in her composition, not sure I would want to go through this again with the youngest.

Zorro, re: posting the message in this list, I felt the original question was more relevant for this forum, hence the posting here; if it upsets you that this post is in the wrong forum, then feel free to get it moved to the more relevant one.

Thanks to the others for the advice and support.

WOW!!!! I am so pleased for you! I clicked on just now and when I saw that the post was from you I knew that it was fantastic news! Well done to you DW and especially DD! !!!!!!! :D
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

I can't believe I missed your post!

I'm so pleased for you Dadwithtwodaughters, what fab news!!!!

Go celebrate!!!!

AM
Dadwithtwodaughters

Post by Dadwithtwodaughters »

Wow, never had a group hug before, feels good :-)

Daughter is happy, as is wife; I hope we now can go back to a normal life.

Many thanks for the advice and support.
When do you stop being a parent, well never :-)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now