Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Westminster School
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:13 am 

Does anyone know what percentage of girls in the sixth form go on to Oxbridge at Westminster? I know overall it sends the most pupils to Oxbridge but I prefer single sex schools and was wondering if they send the same percentage of boys as the other top boys schools (around 30 - 37%) and only bump their score up to 48-50% because they take the cream of girls in the sixth form. If for example they only send 25% of their boys then I would have thought the other schools would be better as they have not educated these girls. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:59 am 

I am sorry I do not know the answer; but I would have thought that the school should be pleased to respond if you ask them the right questions - but to be on the safe side ask for numbers of boys and girls so that you can do the percentages yourself. Make sure they do not "inflate" the Oxbridge numbers for one year by telling you the numbers commencing at Oxbridge last September as this will include pupils from two year groups one batch of which will have taken a gap year and one batch of which will not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:14 am 

Thanks Perplexed. I have thought for some time just asking them outright but never had the guts. I will do it, and thanks for the other advise bcause I would not have thought of that :D