The Abbey school Reading

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aprescot

The Abbey school Reading

Post by aprescot »

Can anyone provide any information on the entrance exam for the Abbey School in Reading. Are the tests multiple choice or standard? Are they maths, english and verbal reasoning?
stevew61

Re: The Abbey school Reading

Post by stevew61 »

aprescot wrote:Can anyone provide any information on the entrance exam for the Abbey School in Reading. Are the tests multiple choice or standard? Are they maths, english and verbal reasoning?
Hi aprescot,

Sorry don't know.

We do have a few forum members with Abbey experience. I am sure help will arrive soon. :wink:

steve
mum

Post by mum »

Dear aprescot,

Are you enquiring about Abbey Senior school entrance exam? The senior school exam was quite straight forward, yes english, maths, bit of verbal & non-verbal. If your daughter is preparing for Kendrick, the Abbey school exam would be fairly easy and simple compared to Kendrick. No extra preparation required, other than english comprehension, essays etc. My daughter came out and said "it was sooo easy and straight forward :D !"

I do not browse the 11+ forum regularly nowadays :roll: , so anymore info needed, you can sent me a pm.

thanks,
mum
Kendrick mum

Abbey Exam

Post by Kendrick mum »

Dear Aprescot,

There were three papers last year
1. maths - a lot easier than what was expected for the grammars
2. English- a comprehension fairly straight forward (dd said it was easier than the sats ones she done at school)
- a composition a list of stories to choose
3. Reasoning- verbal and non verbal a mix.
My dd felt the papers were v easy last year and didn't compare to what was expected at the grammar exams.

Hope that helps , feel free to pm if you need to ask anything else. :D

KM