The day has finally arrived...!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

He loved it!! Thanks guys for ll the lovely messages.
He had Chapel, swimming, german, english, maths and more that I cannot remember (and he is too busy watching The Simpsons to tell me!). Got 3 bits of prep to do now...I cannot wait until next week when he starts doing his prep at school - it saves me being a teacher at home too!
It was all worthwhile it seems - all the blood, sweat and tears of entrance exams, 11+ etc!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

So pleased to hear he had a great time - yes, seeing them happy does make it all worthwhile!
ergo

Post by ergo »

Glad he had a great time, my daughter has almost had a week now and is completely bowled over by new school. We turned down place at grammar in favour of this school much to friends' surprise and are so pleased that she is now really settling in and making most of the opportunities (early starts and long days). She wasn't a "sweatshirt" but the transition to "big" school seems just as alien to her. Hope he continues to thrive.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Not that it's relevant, I know, but not all independent schools have ties, just as not all state schools have sweatshirts.

Mine went to a sweatshirt-wearing independent pre-prep.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

So thrilled for you Ed's mum! :D
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Well done Ed and Mum!

My daughter is also still full of enthusiasm for her new school. Fortunately no ties are involved - but I'm told that the head of KS3 is going round with a ruler today to check that the girls' skirts are long enough...
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

How has the first half of term gone - is Ed still really enjoying school?
loulou

Post by loulou »

Think I have worked out the shirt trick. Is it just undoing the top 3 buttons and leaving it in a heap next to the bed? So annoying when you come to iron it

Ho ho Zorro

Sounds like you need to learn the ironing trick
zorro

Post by zorro »

Hi Loulou,
I have thought of a new ironing trick - let him do it himself!
He'll soon undo the blasted buttons then.
loulou

Post by loulou »

I have thought of a new ironing trick - let him do it himself!
He'll soon undo the blasted buttons then.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ha ha - sounds much better than my ironing trick - will have to try that one out. With three 'boys' in the house there is plenty of opportunity for practice.