Eton ‘will be open to all’ within 10 years.

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AB

Post by AB »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Re housemistresses and girls at Eton:

I had an argument once with a lady who home-eded her children and didn't know much about schools. She insisted that Eton did take girls, and not just at the summer schools but during term time. It didn't matter that I had done quite a bit of website and prospectus browsing on the subject! ;) Oh well, it seems that everyone has some strange perception, often unfounded, about Eton and Etonians! :lol:
not wishing to start an argument with you Tipsy, since you are without blemish :lol: :lol:

but not everyone :roll: has a strange perception,often unfounded, about Eton and Etonians!!!!
Antonio

[img]http://www.torstenmuenchow.de/images/Banderas_small.jpg[/img]
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

not wishing to start an argument with you Tipsy, since you are without blemish

Dear LB, you never used to post on the independent section. :? I'm going to have a trawl later to see if you've written anything constructive on here! :P

I know when you see my name it fills you with joy but this stalking must end. :lol:
AB

Post by AB »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:
Dear LB, you never used to post on the independent section. :? I'm going to have a trawl later to see if you've written anything constructive on here! :P

I know when you see my name it fills you with joy but this stalking must end. :lol:
I have given you loads of constructive advice. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The next one is to get my initials right.

When I see your name it does not fill me with joy, but we do have to look after each other. :?
Antonio

T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Now LAB, I have made a New Year's resolution (under the guidance of D S-A) to be good and not provaocative in anyway so STOP WINDING ME UP! :lol:

We are going OFF topic!

Back to Eton, if you are interested you can arrange a tour at any time! :wink:
AB

Post by AB »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Now LAB, I have made a New Year's resolution (under the guidance of D S-A) to be good and not provaocative in anyway so STOP WINDING ME UP! :lol:

We are going OFF topic!

Back to Eton, if you are interested you can arrange a tour at any time! :wink:
Please don't misconstrue my intentions.

I was only replying to your statement about 'everyone' and Eton and subsequently replying to your question about constructive postings..

As for Eton, I am watching this space closely as I may need it in 10 years time.

The search for answers never end.
Rest assured that I am truly interested.
Antonio

T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Remember my dyslexia. I misconstrue everything whilst having an excuse for being ambiguos - did I phrase that properly? :oops:
AB

Post by AB »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:
Remember my dyslexia. I misconstrue everything whilst having an excuse for being ambiguos - did I phrase that properly? :oops:
That is a 'GET OUT OF JAIL' card.

You can't use that for anything, except Monopoly.

As this thread might be still running in 10 years time, are we allowed a very minor diversion? :lol: :lol:
Antonio

T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

:lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

AB wrote:As this thread might be still running in 10 years time, are we allowed a very minor diversion? :lol: :lol:
Yes, but I think that was it, AB. :D

Sally-Anne
ConcernedMum

Post by ConcernedMum »

....I’ve never known Eton ever having a girls’ house throughout its long history. Perhaps you meant Jackie was the head of the girls’ house during the 10 days or so of the Universities Summer School for the 120 bright children organised by Eton

Yes, that's precisely what I meant - my posting was tongue-in-cheek!!!!!!!!