DIY new words/ spelling notebook

Useful tips and ideas for the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fatbananas

DIY new words/ spelling notebook

Post by fatbananas »

I'd like DS to start creating a new word/ spelling notebook. I've looked at addressbooks but haven't found any that don't have worded slots for email/ mobile etc. Have other people created one of these and, if so, how did they go about it?

Thank you!
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
doodles

Re: DIY new words/ spelling notebook

Post by doodles »

At school, many many moons ago, we used to make our own note books with tabs down the side by cutting the pages of an ordinary notebook.

Just a thought and more fun and cheaper!
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Yes, we did too! Perhaps we'll give that a go.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

We just used a notebook to jot down new vocabulary, but I do like your idea! :)
Lea's mum

Post by Lea's mum »

I have bought one of these A to Z book in France, they are widely used there without the slot for name, address, email etc. I would suggest you go to Amazon.fr, they might have it there, otherwise maybe you know someone that can post one to you? They can be bought in any supermarkets.
I recommend it actually, we used it all year and you can then plan ahead the vocab revision using the letter. Tomorrow, dd is finishing S!
Good luck :D
Lea's mum

Post by Lea's mum »

Just checked, they are widely available on Amazon.fr, but I couldn't find them on Amazon.co.uk
With the delivery time it might be difficult to get one in time for this year exam, but if you are planning ahead this is spot on.
I forgot to say, you are looking for a 'Repertoire', that is how it is called there, not a 'A to Z'
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

there are some on amazon uk - I put A-Z notebook in the search box - black n red do some but others are cheaper
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

You can also get sets of different coloured tabs to stick on the edge of the page s of a normal lined notebook and write the appropriate letter on (?Ryman / Staples / The Works).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

We used hedgehog key rings from Whsmiths. They're blank cards to write on. Btw, cheaper in smiths than on amazon.

Handy to use when you're on the go etc. Dc loved the feel of the key ring as it's easy to flick through it.