starting study for 11+

Useful tips and ideas for the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Flower

starting study for 11+

Post by Flower »

How soon should I start either DIY schooling or employing a tutor to help get my son through the 11+ Is there an ideal start time? obviously its child dependeant but I would value hearing others experiences
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

When is your dc sitting the 11+???
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Welcome to the forum Flower.
It would help if you can tell us which county you are living in and how many different components to the exam that there are. You might have to start sooner if it comprises VR, NVR maths and english as opposed to if the test is just verbal reasoning for example.
Flower

Post by Flower »

Hi Eds Mum it will be all three aiming for Devon ( Colyton Grammar School!), hes a bright boy but lacks a mature work ethic so I dont want to start too late. This is my only child so its all new to me I seem to remember I did my 11+ with only a years run up BUT that was a LONG time ago! and I think a lot easier in those days
happymum

Post by happymum »

Hello...

Will he be sitting the test this year?
si155

Post by si155 »

i need advice on 11 plus free e test that my son can do every night and get marked on line so he knows what mistakes hes made. i found one on ******* , but it was only one mock test. what hav people done to insure a good pass. im from solihull so **** be applying to all bham grammer schools. any good local tutors on recomendations etc.thnku so much

Advertising removed by a moderator
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

deleted
Loopy
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now