Guessing answers/giving up

Useful tips and ideas for the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nearly-there

Post by nearly-there »

my child will have to sit all three exams in one morning! they have to do three 50 minute papers with a short break in between. what a killer! still, at least they are all in the same position. i have no intention of staging a practise marathon session so am just keeping my fingers crossed.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

it is a lot to expect of children...

whe I was studying language development they told us that you can only really concemtrate for a minute for each year of your age...

not sure I can manage 50 even now!! :wink:
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

I agree it is a lot in one go. However, when I posted about this in some of the other fora no-one seemed to agree. In Kent, if you attend a Kent state primary or a linked independent, you sit NVR, maths, VR and a written task over two days. But if you attend a state or independent school over the border outside Kent (even if you live in Kent) you have to do all four tests on one Saturday morning with some kind of break in between.

Results show that the group doing it all in one go get better marks in general, but this could be more to do with them being a higher ability group than to do with the test arrangements. In general one would think it a disadvantage to have to concentrate for so long at that age.
CCHSsmiley

Post by CCHSsmiley »

My DD told me,quite upset, that she had missed out about 15 questions due to time. She still got in .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now