sats test this may will the children be taking them ?

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

English and maths KS2 SATs are as usual this year, no science paper. APP will lead on to single level testing, but I don't know if that will be next year or later.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

are the papers marked in school :?: :)
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

No, maths and English are sent to markers. Schools get the results early July. If a science paper is sat this year it will be marked in school as there is no official science paper this year.
Daogroupie

Sats Exams 10th May onwards 2010

Post by Daogroupie »

We are doing all three exactly as normal, but the science will be marked in school. For the parents nothing will change, they will get the same info as they alway did as will the secondary schools who ask for it. I hope it stays the same for my Y5 dd next year, I shall be very sad if they go. I am not a fan of in class assessment. I have seen years of favouring some children. The school are not good at noticing when their star pupils are not actually the front runners anymore. I want my dd's work to be marked by neutral folk. It seems a certain name on a paper for creative writing seems to trigger a certain mark. It did not work for secondary school entrance exams though, funny that!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now