KS2 SATs results

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wonderwoman

Re: KS2 SATs results

Post by wonderwoman »

twinkles wrote:Got my DS's SATS results today and he scored Level 5 for all subjects!!!! Am so proud and pleased for him.

We were not given any comparisons with nationally though and I might ask for these.

He didn't pass the 11+ though, missing by just a few points, so he is yet another one to add to the list that get level 5s at the end of primary but have an off day when it comes to tests and so is deemed unsuitable for grammar. Such an unfair system :x
You're right it's a hideous system, but any system trying to sort children by ability at 11 would be bad. Big congratulations to your DS, you can rightly feel hard done to.
My own experience with 3 eldest also shows system is rubbish:
DC1 - failed 11+, appeal upheld as younger sibling in intensive care for a month, from day before first test till 3 days before 2nd. She got all level 5s, over 95% in science, maths and reading. DC2 - passed 11+ (we didn't expect him to, even though bright, because of significant dyspraxia issues), only got level 5 reading and science, 4 in maths (didn't finish) and 3 in writing. DC3 failed 11+ - got surprisingly low score, much worse than school expected, got all level 5s. Didn't do an appeal, having done one knew we had no chance on this one.

T12ACY - seem to have missed your appeal etc - but well done :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now