Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:12 am 

DD is in above average group (I think). Don't get the impression they did much apart from arithmetic in year 2 and thought this would change in year 3 ........ of course I don't really know what they are doing at school but still my impression is it's arithmetic (+, -, x and division, not including fractions or decimals). Was expecting a bit more in the way of telling the time, fractions, shapes, perimeter, areas, measuring etc etc by now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:19 am 

My DD seems to be covering times tables at the moment Mystery. However the whole of key stage 2 is working on the same topics at the moment, so DS is learning long multiplication . On the way to school she informed me that they were given 36 jelly babies to split into groups of 6 or something. That must have been why she ate half a carrot and 1 potato yesterday for dinner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:47 am 

http://curriculum.qcda.gov.uk/key-stage ... index.aspx

this sets it all out..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:23 pm 

My DS is being tested a lot at the moment (timestables, mental maths), with a view to setting them after the half term. They are all in their respective classes (apart from the already tutored/ kumoned lot - aprox 5 kids per class - who do have extension work). Mine has just done homework on 2D shapes but finding out what he's done in the classroom is harder than getting blood out of the proverbial stone. Much harder :roll: I found out about the tests from the mother of a girl in his class!