SATS RESULTS

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KN

Post by KN »

WOBW wrote:Whe he went for his trial day, he found out his form and we do have doubts whether they have used 11+ scores to put them in form. It doesn't bother us, as he has got good score. I wonder how ther were seperated into forms!!!
The forms/houses at the grammar school my son will be attending are chosen alphabetically by surname (there are four houses with a Y7 form in each). The only exception to this is if there is a family connection to a particular house.

And I always thought they used a "sorting hat"! :wink:
jah

Post by jah »

Year 6 daughter got the 3x5s we were expecting (she got 3x3s at KS1). That's just what year 10 daughter got; but one's at a Grammar and the other hasn't got in. One can only say, "That's Life!" :?

Yr 6 daughter enjoyed her induction day, but the fact that she'll be saying "Goodbye" in little over a week's time is just kicking in. She knows that she can stay in touch with her friends, but now she's realised that she will be saying "Goodbye" to everyone else she's been with since she was 4.
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

We11 done to your daughter, NiJahla; yes, that's life...obviously from the genes and supportive environment that she has at home, Yr 6 girl has done bri11iantly.

Is that why you don't need REHAB? :wink:
Jwela

Sats

Post by Jwela »

Hi,
MY daughter got 80 % level 5 , 92 % level 5 , 83 % level 5
Is that good since shes going to Kendrick
stevew61

Re: Sats

Post by stevew61 »

Jwela wrote:Hi,
MY daughter got 80 % level 5 , 92 % level 5 , 83 % level 5
Is that good since shes going to Kendrick
I think they are very good scores and a place at Kendrick is brilliant. :)

Well done daughter & Jwela.

stevew61
guest0001

Post by guest0001 »

My son got his today. 5,5,5. Wouldn't put too much emphasis on them though if they are going to Grammar or independent, as they are only used to stream in Comp.
Juliette :) PS. There was no a,b or c with his results.
lucy

Sats results

Post by lucy »

My son got very good Sats all high level 5s except written English but turned down at appeal as it was decided he would struggle even though predicted grades were 5s they took more notice of yr 5 assessments than yr6 :evil: very happy with son :D
But Trying not to be bitter
Lucy
stressed out mum

Post by Guest »

My daughter's results were 5c for english, 5b for maths & english. I hadn't given the SATs too much thought as had taken the view they were more important to the school than the child. I am however relieved that she got all 5s because it means she is bright and the 11plus wasn't a fluke, she is grammar school material. (She is something of a daydream - doesn't always give that impression.)
My daughter has already done a CATS test at her grammar so I'm assuming if they are going to set from the outset, and I know that they do set, they would do it based on those rather than the SATs. I do remember her tutor saying she needed to be working at level 6 in order to get a grammar place, but her school only tests up to level 5, and her results weren't 5as, I guess the tutor was a bit out there!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Guest - your tutor was WAY out of date - no Primary tests above level 5!!

Post by Guest »

Guest55 wrote:Guest - your tutor was WAY out of date - no Primary tests above level 5!!
I think tutor did know that, but a child can be able to reach level 6 even though at KS2 they only test to level 5, that was her point. If she was right, in theory my daughter should have got all 5as, which she didn't, but we did slack off a bit after the 11+ so maybe she dropped a bit anyway. Not too much though thankfully!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now