Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: sats yr 5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:15 pm 
My sons just had his sats results, hes in yr 5 and scored three 4s.. Is this the same as a level 4 in yr 6?? Hes got his 11 plus exam in September and If hes scoring 4s in yr 5 then surely hes got a chance of passing??
Thanks... Sally :O)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:37 pm 
Yes, sally, it is the same level 4 that is the average level a yr 6 should be scoring. I do think he is doing well as every level represents about 2 years work. so he should be comfortably be in the middle of Level 5 at the end of yr 6, if not higher!!

Post subject: mock sats for year 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:26 am 
my daughter has just received her mock sat results for year 5, she received a level 5 in reading, maths, science and a level 4a in writing, should i be considering whether she applies for the 11+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:45 am 
Both of your children are doing very well and yes are I'm sure on course for levels five in year 6.

My son was at level 4 in year five and last year he finished year 6 on all level 5's. My sons school did do practise SATS in the November and again in February in year 6 but the only thing was these came after he had been doing so much work on the 11+ so could of been why he found them hard(burn out etc) and on his first practise he got level 4. We practised a bit on Comprehension(which he found particularly hard) and as I said in the real thing he did get level 5's.

Both your kids will be fine