Bullying at chool

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Worried_Parents

Bullying at chool

Post by Worried_Parents »

Hello,

My son came home yesterday and said he is being bullied by a girl in his class at school. I asked him what and how, he tells me the girl calls him a minger, and once has used the word "brown minger". I asked him if she only picks on him or on others as well. Apparently, the girl picks on anyone and everyone, and does single my son out. I have asked my wife to see his class teacher and sort the issue out.

Question: What response should I be satisfied with from the school? Is it bullying or plain ignorance on the girls part, her family social standing isn't that great, without sterotyping or offending anyone, several kids by several partners etc, etc. Which shoudln't be attributal to her attitude and behaviour.

My son is quite a sensitive lad and wouldn't want this to impact his schooling, he is only 8 years old.

Thank you.

Post by Guest »

You may find you are happy with the response from your child's teacher, but in any event, ensure you keep a log of all your child's complaints, your complaints to the school, and their response - with dates. If you find you are unhappy with the way your school deals with the problem, you will need this information.

If you have any concerns, turn to your school's published bullying policy. This may be available from their web site, from their reception area, or you may have to go and ask for a copy. The school should follow this policy in dealing with your problem.

Good luck.
guest0001

Post by guest0001 »

I am sorry to hear that your child is experiencing this. It must be really horrible. As with any conflict a child may come up against in life,it is particularly hard when having to deal with it at school,because you have no choice,they have to go to school. My son who will be going to senior independent school in Sep, is small for his age,he also had perthes desease,which has left him with a slight limp,more apparent when he runs. This last year and a half has been difficult for him. Apart from the obvious name calling,he has been kicked,punched and winged at by the same looser for almost all of year 6..This looser will take his problems to their next school as the parents have not addressed his problems(since year 1)..I educated my son,not just about the academic side of life,but also about the real life issues. Life is hard, and we must teach them this. No matter how much you try to protect them. I have been down the education road,lost my rag with the parents,screamed at the teacher. There is only so much you can do,i am afraid. As parents,we have been there,seen it, done it,and WE are still here! Our children have to learn that there are not very nice people out there,and although most people are nice,they will always have to face some kind of conflict...It is inevitable.
Your child has had the best start in life,he has you,a loving parent. He WILL survive. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now