Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Results soon...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:06 am 

Thresholds for the 2013 KS2 tests have now been published
"Marked test scripts and results for the 2013 Key Stage 2 National Curriculum tests were made available to schools on Tuesday 9 July.

Schools can use these tables to convert marks from the tests into National Curriculum levels. To be awarded an overall level 6 in a subject, a child must achieve both a level 5 in the end of Key Stage 2 test and pass the level 6 test for that subject."

So anyone waiting for news should hear quite soon now.

Post subject: Re: Results soon...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:58 am 

It won't be today for us; it's County Transfer day. One to gs, one to junior school. I feel glad and sad - pleased they are going to schools they want to, and they were pleased - yet sad, the end of an era. No more going to the infant school after almost thirteen years of going there every day - it's going to feel strange - and dd2 starting gs - I won't know what she's doing or her friends or anything.

I'd forgotten all about SATS results. Not sure how much I care, really. Dd2 would be very pleased if she got a level 6 in anything, but she knows it doesn't really matter. And ds2 had his key stage one results a couple of weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:26 am 

Initial reactions seem to be:
Threshold for level 5 reading has gone up by 3 marks (out of 50) this year compared to last, although consensus was that it was a harder paper. Expect to see some with level 4's who were expecting 5's.
The mark range for level 4 for SPaG is quite narrow - only 10 marks. Expect to see less 4's than you might have anticipated, but more 3's and 5's.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:48 am 

My son has been coming home we grades already for the sats.
I told him they can't be right as they haven't been released yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:30 am 

Why can't they be right? The teachers know what marks he got and have the level thresholds don't they? Or is there still some space for arguments and re-marks etc so this is the best thing to say to DC at the moment?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:49 am 

Depends what year they are in. Schools got raw scores for year 6 sats last week.so they could have been an estimated score. Levels sent to schools today.other years could have already been given levels as these are done by the teachers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:53 am 

Official thresholds and were only officially released today, although the schools have had the raw scores for a few days. They may have assumed the thresholds would be similar to last year and estimated on that, but there have been some changes - level 4 reading was 18-32 last year but 19-35 this year for example - which would make estimates based on last year wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:28 pm 

Okanagan, for the first time in a long time I am very worried about sats results...can parents find the thresholds online anywhere at some point over the next week? Thanks in advance , Tigger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:31 pm 

See the link (first sentence) in my original message to get the thresholds.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:16 pm 

There seem to be some teachers on TES who had raw scores last week and level thresholds a day or two ago so levels released in the last 24 hours could maybe be correct from some schools?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next