SATS Prep

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brum Mum

SATS Prep

Post by Brum Mum »

So, DS came home with SATs booklets which is now going to be English and Maths homework for the foreseeable future. Apparently their teacher read out in class, the scores for each child's mock SATs test from before Christmas.

Does this not seem a bit mean or is it just being honest? I thought it might be a bit demoralising for those that didn't get the highest marks.
Guest55

Re: SATS Prep

Post by Guest55 »

As a teacher I would NEVER read out test scores - that is just mean!
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

To be honest, I thought it was a bit mean (especially as she apparently made some comments that certain children could have done better).

Can you please come and be a teacher at DS's school...you seem lovely :)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Agreed that seems very wrong...on another note...with all the amazing things the school could challenge kids with and the interesting and varied topics out there, I would be most depressed if our school just set SATs stuff as homework :cry: Shows that they are more focussed on targets than the actual kids imo
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Agreed that seems very wrong...on another note...with all the amazing things the school could challenge kids with and the interesting and varied topics out there, I would be most depressed if our school just set SATs stuff as homework :cry: Shows that they are more focussed on targets than the actual kids imo
Just about to open DS's bag with a sinking feeling ...

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Agreed that seems very wrong...on another note...with all the amazing things the school could challenge kids with and the interesting and varied topics out there, I would be most depressed if our school just set SATs stuff as homework :cry: Shows that they are more focussed on targets than the actual kids imo
I know...its not something I'm all that impressed about to be honest (and looking in there, I think the prep for the 11+ covered most of it anyways). :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now