Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: Class teacher is biased! Please help

Post by Amber »

Sally-Anne wrote:
Proud_Dad wrote:Anyone familiar with Godwin's Law? :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I thought I knew about most things around the internet, but that's a new one on me! :lol:

It's absolutely true though - I can recall quite a few occasions when long threads have descended into accusations of "dictatorship".
I've just done it on another thread Sally-Anne - but I was thinking of more recent history. :wink:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Amber wrote:I've just done it on another thread Sally-Anne - but I was thinking of more recent history. :wink:
I hesitated to mention it, Amber, but as you've done so ...

:lol:
Red rose

Post by Red rose »

Thank you all once again.

I am so happy to share that today morning one of the parent has raised his concern directly to the teacher the way the boy was moved the times table chart yesterday(looks like everyone are noticing)
He has simply asked the teacher for the reason behind it. I am not aware what was the answer provided by her but the teacher has asked that parent to arrange a meeting to discuss.
Unfortunately, I wasn't there as I dropped my DD early for breakfast club when this happened but came to know through other parents this evening with whom that father had discussed in the line whether it was true before he went to the teacher.

I am very happy that this has been brought to attention and hope that this will end here. I will share my concerns with this parent tomorrow.
Once again thank you all.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Maybe there are a few others in your daughter's class on here!!

Joking apart, hope it helps. I thought the comment you had at parents' evening about your child being very lucky to sit at golden boy's table was priceless. Perhaps this teacher is a little strange?

Perhaps you could ask the reason for this next? Each day a different parent could pop forward with a question. It could get quite entertaining as she certainly seems to let herself in for it with all the things you describe.

We have had similar - and worse. But you lot sound like a better set of parents to get it sorted one any or another.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

That is great news that someone has got the ball rolling. She was very silly to expose herself so obviously like that. But this is what happens when people get away with things for a long time with no challenge. They start to get complacent.

Perhaps the parents could get together and have a chat about it and present a united front. DG
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

I sincerely hope that the teacher refuses to disclose any information at all about the reasons why the child progressed in their times tables. It would be unacceptable to discuss the progress of any child with a parent except their own.
The question should be "What does my child need to work on to progress?" rather than "Justify to me why that other child has progressed?".
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now