Not heard from Year 6 child secondary school?

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Macca7

Not heard from Year 6 child secondary school?

Post by Macca7 »

I haven't received any paperwork from the state school my child will be starting in September. Checked with another parent also sending their child there and they haven't received anything either. Is this exceptionally late?

Thanks
ToadMum

Re: Not heard from Year 6 child secondary school?

Post by ToadMum »

Macca7 wrote:I haven't received any paperwork from the state school my child will be starting in September. Checked with another parent also sending their child there and they haven't received anything either. Is this exceptionally late?

Thanks
Trying to ask this delicately :) , but is this a school which suffers from a lot of 'churn' in the aftermath of results day, from parents who really want somewhere else getting a place for their DC from a waiting list, or parents holding offers both at your school and an indie finally deciding to go with the latter, and so on? In that case, were I the admissions officer, I would hold off sending anything out until as late as possible.

I would probably still give the school a ring, though, if I were you.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

We got our invite to the parent's evening (took place last night) and the transition day (in a couple of weeks time) the day after National Offer day. I think nearly all schools do a transition day. Do they have a calendar on their website which might mention this? As another poster has said, I would give the school a call under the circumstances.
Macca7

Post by Macca7 »

Don't think so! Outstanding ofsted school, oversubscribed faith school. Bit :( with their lack of communication - not a great first impression.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

PettswoodFiona wrote:We got our invite to the parent's evening (took place last night) and the transition day (in a couple of weeks time) the day after National Offer day. I think nearly all schools do a transition day. Do they have a calendar on their website which might mention this? As another poster has said, I would give the school a call under the circumstances.
+1

Maybe they are a bit late off the mark (well, more like very late), or perhaps a batch of emails went astray at some point. Definitely worth giving them a call.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I'd give them a call. Post gets mislaid and emails go to spam or get typed in wrong etc.

When my daughter was about to start primary school, the school had sent out info parents, but hadn't put enough postage on a lot of them. I got a card through to pay the difference and went to get mine, and there was a stack of similar looking envelopes.

I did go and tell the school (it's at the end of the road so easy) and the receptionist was most grateful I'd told her. She did plan on going to pay for the rest so they could be sent out but I did know from parents later that several of them didn't get the info, so maybe they wouldn't let her.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now