sats overkill

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

My DD really loves doing SATS revision, especially the revision homework, I think it's because she can actually get on with work instead of "wasting time" waiting for the teacher to teach!

If I ask her what she's been doing that day, she says "Oh, it was boring today, no tests, just lessons!" Tests and P.E and she would be in heaven!!
Strange child!

Best wishes PMx2
chad

Post by chad »

Aren't you the lucky one...
My child hates tests... he is doing KS3 next week (school does KS3 in 2 years and as he is a July birthday he will only be 12 when taking them)

we seem to have teenager style sulks, combined with childish temper tantrums all because of 'revision'.........and how it's 'not fair' that they got loads of Spanish Homework when it's the Sats. :roll:

Roll on summer!!!!!
moose

Post by moose »

My son doesn't get any home revision to do, as far as I know. Just continuous tests at school. I assume that because he passed 11+, he should be able to get at least two levels 5 without additional preparations.
I hope I am not mistaken. I will leave him to it, anyway. I feel I have done enough.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi Chad, well we do get "other" problems with our little prima donna! like she does know best,she finds her place for most things in the house,(without telling us!) and occasional hormonal outbursts, so we are not that lucky.......She just loves tests.... :lol:

Moose, Hi...she brings the books home as the revision is "optional" she brings 3 every night, is supposed to choose one!

But, if she's happy it's ok with us! there is no pressure from us as she got into her chosen school,and they don't set, so she does the work just because she wants to! like I said....strange

my DS is a different matter,GCSE time for him,and he hates tests! and revising!
moose

Post by moose »

I must say it is bizzare! ...and to be envied :wink: . Then, girls are more dutiful and hardworking (however I am sure not all of them). My son in 99.9% cases does the minimum.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi Moose, yes,I've found boys to be different,my 16 year old,has made himself a revision timetable(on our advice) bue he lost it :lol: :roll:

He does work but loves to play PC games with his mates online, so we have to moniter this, GCSE'S just around the corner!

DD just does her work soon as she can then goes onto online revision! (won't mention the site!)

Bets wishes PM X