Post by guest42 »

Turnaround time from taking test to getting reliable results back

Independent School exam-4 days
11+ -3 months
KS2 SATS -never by the looks of it-

Says it all really
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

No it doesn't - I'm not defending ETS but we are talking about marking FAR more papers and a completely different paper to the 11+.
lottie

Post by lottie »

Yes but ETS also has FAR more markers, FAR more money spent to make the process efficient(Not), and very well paid 'professionals & academics' leading this fiasco!

:!: :?
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Playing devil's advocate here...

Does it really matter if the results are a little later than expected?

The media are to blame for the the mass hysteria - I only ever expected to get the results on the last day of term and am only mildly interested in DD's results.

I'm sure all the schools that use the SATs for setting will have the results in time - knowing the levels earlier will not change anything.

(hides behind sofa & awaits responses :shock: )
lottie

Post by lottie »

Come out Charlotte, I can see your head poking out from behind that sofa :!:

I would agree with you in regard to Ks1 sats, as most children aren't even aware of them at that age (my daughter didn't even know she sat them or what grade she got back then). But at year 6, they are alot more aware and this awareness paired with the frantic revising that the Yr 6 teachers have to put so much emphasis on creates the situation that it's not just the parents who are keen to get the results, but it's also the children who have put loads of effort in, who are even keener to know how they have done!

Personally, I think that it should be standard practice that the reults are posted out during the holidays, so that kids at this age do not brag about their results or mock others about theirs (at this age they can be quite insensitive - unknowingly of course!).

What I am annoyed about is the total **** up of the whole situation - and who is picking up the bill for such a farce!?

If ETS were promised £1 for every paper marked in time and a £2 fine for each paper marked late..........I doubt very much we would be in this situation!

What a waste of Public Money!

There are even talks at the moment whether the sats results are 'contaminated' by this process and an independent review suggested to see if this years scores should be forfeited.

Bla Bla Bla - I'm even boring myself now :D

My daughter has in fact got her scores, so at least she is happy.

Lottie :D
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Good point - well made :D

I'm not coming out just yet though. :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now