How many kids get SAT level 5?

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

they were on the sheet handed out to us by the school yesterday, let me check- you're right, so actually there's no comparison between the school grades and the national ones. Does anyone have the 2008 stats?
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I don't think the 2008 results will be finalised until much later in the year!

Our school results are well down on last year-in fact less than half got level 5 compared with last year in English..DS got all 5's in teacher assessment but 4's in the tests-his papers have been sent for remarking! He is not happy...
GM
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

They won't be out yet as results are provisional - even more so than usual this year!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Guest 55 -I have PM'd you!

GM
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Our school got same %age of level 5s in maths & science as last year but a massive jump in English from 43% to 59%. Is a bright, girl dominated year though.

Anyone not had their results back yet? The media are quoting 25% as still not having received them - I haven't heard of any...

Reading between the lines I would say that just under 50% of our year 6 got 3 x 5s, whereas only 35% were offered GS places.

I've probably put this in the wrong thread :oops:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I think you chose just the right thread my dear! :mrgreen:
cordismith

Post by cordismith »

Unsure whether dd's school has received results yet,parents haven't had them and teachers aren't forthcoming.
large primary school in slough
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

My DD's school sent home results today, we are in Glos, she's very happy with the 3 level 5's, :) no raw scores sent home though, although I asked for them in plenty of time :x

How dare parents request such information! Anyone would think we had a right to such ask politely for our DC's scores! :wink:
ergo

Post by ergo »

No results yet in sussex. School broke up last week, so hoping to be sent results in post. Wasn't particularly interested in them but am now feeling irritated that an organisation responsible for the marking etc. has let down teachers and parents, let alone the children in such spectacular style. I feel sorry for those whose papers have been sent to be remarked, what a complete shambles.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Ergo,

Every year papers are sent back - mistakes are always made in marking in NC tests, in GCSEs, in AS and A2 - they are marked by humans!

However what is different is the scale of the mistakes in administration -
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now