How many kids get SAT level 5?

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

QCA tests in year 3,4,5 are not externally marked, but marked within the school. There is a marking scheme and good schools would moderate the results..
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Whilst schools generally do mark QCA tests in yr3, 4 and 5 in house, this may not always be the case.

At our school I know that year before last the English and Science QCA tests for yrs3, 4 and 5 were sent off for external marking. This was for the teachers to understand the correct required marking methods and levels given, so that in the future they would be able to refer to these if unsure.

Also Last year all QCA English essay tests for yrs3, 4 and 5 were sent off to be externally marked, to lighten the load on the teachers; as they are more labour intensive. In fact I still don't know the English written result of one of my sons, then in yr4, as they sent it away again to have it re-marked/checked :(
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Yoyo123 - I'm sorry, but the QCA tests at our school are definitely externally marked. I'm a parent governor and I know this for a fact.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

BM2 - your previous longer post - I echo your comments completely and my younger daughter appears to be like your elder son!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

sorry, I have always marked mine and moderated on others...

didn't realise they were sometimes eternally marked.

I can see that would be a good idea though . As a class teacher it is easy to find yourself second guessing what the children meant,or give them the benefit of the doubt as you know them and their work well.

External marking gets over this and is more like the real thing.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You can pay to have them externally marked and analysed -
tense

Post by tense »

Bump!!

re: post on SATs level a? b? c?
zorro

Post by zorro »

Hi perplexed,
My DS has just got 3 level 5a's and didn't even make the second round of QE boy's or get called back for interviews at Habs Boys or St Albans School's. So I don't think the SAT's are really relevant to judging ability to pass the 11 plus. There are a lot of very clever boys ( and girls! ) in Herts!
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

info given to us states that for 2008 National percentages of children getting 5s (tested component) are:

Reading 48%
Writing 19%
English 33%
Maths 33%
Science 46%

Bougalou
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Bouga,I think you will find that the scores you quote are for 2007!

GM
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now