teacher assessment of sats levels

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chez

teacher assessment of sats levels

Post by chez »

Should we have received teacher assessment of levels in our daughters report as we haven't.
We received a basic report with no levels either from the sats or teachers.
I know the sats will be late, but I would have thought for Key stage 2 sats we would get teacher assessment levels?? :?:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Some schools give them automatically - the school my daughter attends does. Others, like the one I teach at - only inform parents if they ask.
Ask your child's teacher, they will almost certainly tell you.
tense

Post by tense »

My DD's school will give me the teacher's assessment too (but only because I've already asked for it!). But her new school has just asked that she bring a copy of her SAT results on the first day of term.

Does anyone know if the teacher's assessment will be presented separately? I want to see it myself, but only want to pass the secondary school the "official" results, ie, simply the overall level.

Thanks.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You should get the levels separately - the TA level will be more reliable this year!!
Road Runner

Mel

Post by Road Runner »

Didi anyones child do year five sats in Science. Mine did and only got level 3A. Is this bad. She has only been with current primary since last September and up until then ahd always been top set for Science in pervious very big school(this one very small). She doesn't like science as says it si very boringggg but I was still surprised. also this school only sets them(tables) in English and Maths so I thought maybe this has effected her

Mel
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Mel, I really wouldn't worry about her Science levels. I would be more inclined to think it was an indication of teaching rather than what your daughter is capable of. My elder daughter found Science at primary school SOOO boring although she did get a 5 in yr 6. At her grammar school (yr 7) she is working consistently at level 7 and thoroughly enjoys Science.
Road Runner

mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Thank you Tracy. I am just looking at her year four report from her previous primary school. She was a level 3 then(no subs given) and level 3 in math (4b this time) and 4 in english(level fives this time) so I guess I shouldn't worry.

Mel
One Down

Post by One Down »

Hi Everyone,
I didn't think there were any optional SATs papers in science for years 3, 4, 5 and certainly my daughter only did english & maths. Maybe they used an old Yr 6 paper to get a level, which might explain why results might be lower than those from papers meant for year 5?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now