ks2 test results 2006

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gal

ks2 test results 2006

Post by gal »

Just recently seen my childs sat results.

Typically, not given all the information of how the scoring is arrived at.
Please does anyone know what was the lowest score you needed to get to gain 5a in overall English level and the other levels?

If you know great, otherwise its back to the teacher again!
KenR

KS2 Theshold Tables & Scores

Post by KenR »

Hi Gal

The full KS2 level threshold tables and age standardised scores have just been published on the qca web site. These are available at http://www.qca.org.uk/16791.html

For level 5 English overall was 70+ (depending on actual age)

Hope this helps

I'm afraid I don't get my child's results for a couple of weeks yet - the Head sends them with the end of term report!

Ken
gal

Re: KS2 Theshold Tables & Scores

Post by gal »

KenR wrote:Hi Gal

The full KS2 level threshold tables and age standardised scores have just been published on the qca web site. These are available at http://www.qca.org.uk/16791.html

For level 5 English overall was 70+ (depending on actual age)

Hope this helps

I'm afraid I don't get my child's results for a couple of weeks yet - the Head sends them with the end of term report!

Ken
Ken

Thanks you for your reply. Unfortunately the QCA scores do not breakdown with level e.g. A, B, or C.

It seems unfair that you have to wait for reports to find your child's results, especially as they have the information in the school.

Best of luck to your child.
Jezebel

Post by Jezebel »

Hi,
Year 6 SATs are not divided into sublevels of A,B or C. Confusingly this is only done for the optional SATs earlier on. So, your child is just given a level 3, 4 or 5.
Hope this helps.
Jez
gal

ks2

Post by gal »

Jez

Our school do divide level 5 etc. into A,B & C, which is helpful as level 5 does not tell you the full picture.

regards
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Gal

As Jezebel says the year 6 Ks2 SAT levels are not broken down into A,B,C, the schools have the raw scores, but NOT sub levels.

KS1 and optional tests all come with 'modifiers' to break down into ABC, unfortunately Year 6 SATs do not come with these 'modifiers'

Your school has therefore taken an educated guess.

On another note, nationally there seems to be a number of schools sending their writing tasks back for remarking.

Patricia