SATS Levels

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Is This A Good Score To Get For A Headteacher s Appeal? ( Read my question above)

Poll ended at Sat May 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Rubbish
25%
Ok
No votes
Adverage
No votes
Good
38%
Excellent
38%
Genius
No votes

Total votes: 8

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Ok... so as I have nothing to lose...are you FOR REAL?!!! :x
frenchmum

Post by frenchmum »

My thoughts exactly T.i.p.s.y.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

frenchmum wrote:My thoughts exactly T.i.p.s.y.
:lol:
Emma/Vetgal's Mum

Post by Emma/Vetgal's Mum »

I am Emma's/vetgal's Mum and I can assure you that she is a 10 year old who will be 11 at the end of this year. She had appreciated the help you have been giving her but is now extremely upset that you are doubting that she is in fact a 10 year old. She tells me that the reason she first said that her sister was doing the 11+ was because she has always been told by me not to give out any personal information and therefore thought she was doing the right thing. Unfortunately now it appears that Emma can no longer log on to her account and all I can assume is that it is because of your comments. Perhaps someone would be able to assist her to let her know how she goes about getting her account unblocked as I have had to register myself to be able to put your minds at rest that she is indeed a 10 year old.

Post by Emma/Vetgal's Mum »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Ok... so as I have nothing to lose...are you FOR REAL?!!! :x
:roll: Yes I am for real as I have said before but my mum had to go and she said I could go on here so that is why I am logged in as My mum :!:
Emma/vetgal's mum
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I just find it strange that to have such high Sats English scores yet write posts with such poor levels of grammar and spelling makes no sense to me. :?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Tipsy, we've been through this before (last week) and the threads have now been deleted as Emma was getting upset.

It may be as well not to pursue this.

:)

Annie
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Sorry, I was away last week. Personally I think these forums should be for adults, except in extreme (whatever they may be) circumstances. :?
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Vetgal, in your original question at the beginning of this thread you said you are getting overconfident and asked for help with this.

If I were your mother, I would tell you that you are too young (maybe?) to count on becoming a vet. The veterinary school selection process and study required is tough, even for those passing the 11+ and coming top throughout their grammar school years.

If I were you, once the 11+ is over (and good luck) I would concentrate on that dreadful writing style and spelling of yours. Do you read much? Perhaps you would enjoy the James Herriot books, although of course the veterinary content will appear very old fashioned by now. Reading more may help you write better. Your style is very out of keeping with an intelligent girl of nearly 11 writing in to adults on a public forum.

I do hope your Mum keeps an eye on your internet posts and chatroom usage as there are dangers attached to this --- the smallest one being upset with the answers that you may receive.

I do hope that this helps with the overconfidence problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Vetgal

To answer your original post. You must know that the highest you can get at the end of year 6 is 5a (although the official Sats results don't break level 5 down into sub-grades). So, working on the assumption that you'll probably improve by two sub-levels over the coming year you'll be as high as you can get in your KS2 sats results. So, if it came to an appeal, you couldn't provide any better academic evidence to support your case.

You must bear in mind that these levels don't necessarily indicate how you will perform in the 11+. My son got exactly the same levels as you at the end of year 5. He passed the 11+ but not by nearly as much as his older brother, who wasn't level 5 in anything at the end of year 5.

I'm sorry that you've received some rather unkind posts. I think that the comments about your grammar and spelling are probably unfair. You strike me as someone who is in a hurry to get your thoughts across and I suspect in an informal situation you type and text pretty much the same way as most children your age (and older!). I bet your writing at school is much, much better.

I confess I did wonder if your posts were genuine. Mainly because I have never come across a child who has taken their preparation for the 11+ into their own hands. Mine wouldn't lift a finger if I didn't prod them all the time! You seem so well-informed and I'm hugely impressed by your ability to self-analyse and work out which areas you need help with. If you want to be a vet, you should jolly well go for it. Obviously you can't count on getting there but you've clearly got intelligence, self-drive and determination, so that's a good start!

Good luck - but do please be careful on the internet.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now