SATS Levels

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Is This A Good Score To Get For A Headteacher s Appeal? ( Read my question above)

Poll ended at Sat May 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Rubbish
25%
Ok
No votes
Adverage
No votes
Good
38%
Excellent
38%
Genius
No votes

Total votes: 8

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Everyone

I would like to let you all know that we have confirmed beyond any shadow of a doubt that "vetgal" is exactly what she seems - a 10 year old girl called Emma, taking the 11+ this year and with ambitions to be a vet.

It has taken longer than it should have done to sort this out, and on behalf of the Mods, I apologise to both Emma and her Mum.

Emma - I wish you the very best of luck on both counts - if we can support you through the 11+, I am sure that everyone here will be glad to do so.

Sally-Anne
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

I would like to let you all know that we have confirmed beyond any shadow of a doubt that "vetgal" is exactly what she seems - a 10 year old girl called Emma, taking the 11+ this year and with ambitions to be a vet.
Thanks for that, Sa11y-Anne.

Image vetgal!!

Glad we fina11y found you, Emma, in a11 the confusion.

Keep hold of your dreams, plan ahead, work hard and keep the enthusiasm and confidence you are feeling at an a11 time high!

Also, as you are only 10 years old, keep very safe.

Post your 11+ queries only on the open forum and especia11y, make sure your parents know if you get any private me55ages and who they are from.

There are plenty of very helpful ( and experienced) people on the forum but it is mostly adults who post here.

So I hope you understand why some forum members(mums and dads) got worried when you started posting loads and thought it was a cheeky adult out and about! :lol: ( I think they thought it was me or T.i.p.s.y !! :roll: :roll: )

Anyway, I wish you succe55 and good fortune in your up and coming exams and hope your Yr 6 wi11 go swimmingly as we11.

LBSWM ( who is not 'vetgal who loves animals,sports, books and music' :D )

P.S. My handwriting is awful, my spe11ing is OK

but it a11 says HE11O!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Dear Vetgal.

How awful for you to be confronted by adults who assumed you were one too - and a naughty adult at that!!
Your parents/mum must be very proud that you are the sort of child who is so self-motivated!
I apologise that I was one of the adults who was a little wary of your identity. It is hard to explain why really but I sincerely hope that we haven't put you off posting on the open forum.
We are (on the whole!!) a fairly helpful group of people who will support you in any queries you have. Now we know that you are indeed 10, you shall probably be 'mothered' quite a lot!!
Can I reiterate the advice from others about internet safety? Please do not give away any further personal details about yourself.
Once again, sorry and follow your dreams!
:mrgreen:

Ed's Mum (teacher and mother of 2)
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Hi Vetgal,

I apologise too if I upset you in any way.

If you need any advice on Independent Schools then I am a bit of a dictionary :oops: on the subject, although given your excellent results I think you should have no problems passing your 11+.

Keep us posted and Good Luck! :)
vetgal

I CAN NOW LOG IN WAHOO

Post by vetgal »

Hi everyone thankyou very much for all your apologise, but may I please ask why you think my spelling and writing isn't what you would expect from a 10 year old girl who Is now TOP OF PRIMARY SCHOOL!

I did a Spelling test today which had 130 words! And we didn't get time to learn them. I got 128/130 and I have to re-do the test like every else in my class. I have 1 day to learn the 2 I got wrong and some have more then 50 lol. :lol:

Please answer my question I would like the advice lol :D
Emma
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Hi Vetgal

Your last post on this thread looks much better. It is much easier to read without all the unnecessary capitals, faster for you to type, and more in keeping with the style of other people's posts on this website.

I know your other posts were probably done hastily, with typing errors, and with "text-speak"; however, I am sure that in your English lessons at school you are taught to write in the appropriate style for the audience, and check your work before submitting it. Writing in to this forum is good practice for this, so use it

Do you have to do any writing in the 11+ exam you will be sitting? Even if not, keep up the high marks with your English as it is of the keys to successful studying which you will undoubtedly need as a prospective veterinary student.

It seems as though you are getting very good marks at school, and from what you say, doing well in whatever 11+ practice material you are using too. Don't get too addicted to this site! It will waste your valuable time as a 10 year old.

Good luck.
Sally-Anne

Re: SATS Levels

Post by Sally-Anne »

vetgal wrote: Hi My Name Is Emma :)
And I am In Year 5 going into Year 6 And In My Year 5 SATS I recieved In Reading-5c, Writing-5c and in Maths-5b. Would You Say This Is Good For A Headteachers appeal Just Incase I dont Pass. Also When I practiced Verbal for the 11+ I got 97.6% and I think I am Getting Over Confident, can Any1 Help me with this?

Thanks Emma x :D
Right Emma - let's get back to the plot, shall we? :D

I would say that your SATs scores are very good, and I think that you should do OK in the 11+ based on those. Obviously nothing is certain until the process is over, but it seems to me that you are starting from a good place.

I don't think that you should be worrying about a Head Teacher's Appeal at your age. Appeals are complicated and stressful, and if it does come to that, you really should let your parents do the worrying.

I wouldn't worry about being "over-confident" - just accept that you are going in to the tests with a good track record, and think yourself lucky.

As a few people have said, by posting here you are "in grown-up land". That means that you really shouldn't post any more information that could identify you, don't respond to any Private Messages unless your parents have seen them first and do keep trying to post with fewer extras, like smileys and loads of capitals. That's very good practice for the 11+!

Sally-Anne
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi Emma,

I'm very sorry I doubted that you were a 10 year old girl... I wish you all the very best in your 11+ test. I have a 10 year old daughter... she's 11 this month, and she is sitting her test this year. She also wants to be a vet!

Having a spelling test with 130 words on one of your first days back at school sounds really tough. Well done on scoring 128.

As the other posters have already said stay safe when posting.
Clarendon