premature birth

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dee-dee

Post by dee-dee »

etienne,
just wanted to know
triplets 6 weeks prem, do we have to let the school know this before the children take the 11 plus tests? do these children get extra marks? my twins were born at 36 weeks. born in May due date end of June.
Dee
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

They use the child's birth date and not due date.

My son was born at 31 weeks - due early March 98 born late December 97 but it doesn't alter the standardisation process.
daljit

Post by daljit »

hi,

triplets : 6 week prem. due June 11, born April 30.

it's a shame they don't consider prematuraty, my triplets were late doing most things....they caught up by 18 months but speech was still delayed.

Dal
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It might be something you could use at appeal - but they were not very premature.

It would be worse if they were due in Sept/Oct and arrived in August ...
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear dee

I wouldn't have thought you need notify the school about this particular point beforehand - unless they specifically state that all extenuating circumstances must be presented in advance. However, if you intend using this argument at an appeal, you would then need to provide the panel with a letter from your GP.

No extra marks, as you've been advised above.
Etienne
dee-dee

Post by dee-dee »

Hi,

I'm not so strong and the thought of splitting the twins up is dreadful/ very upsetting.........

I know one of them is much stronger then the other (education) i've pushed the weaker one and have always compared him with his brother. yes i know this isn't good! but being identical twins makes the situation very difficult. to think one will be without the other kills me. twin 1 has started to resent twin 2, i was so hoping being prem would give him that bit extra (with scores), my G.P has said he will not help me because they were good birth weights born without any complications.
please can other twin mums advice me......
Dee :cry:
Y

Post by Y »

You could try doing some research on the progress of twins compared with singletons. See if there is anything to support you. I'm afraid I know nothing in this area. Then you could try seeing another GP in the same practice. Chin up.
daljit

Post by daljit »

Hi Dee,

sorry to hear that you are upset.
We didn't consider using prem birth for 11+ tests,i did mention it in the appeal (triplets 6 weeks early with complications) it would be interesting to see what comes out of all this if you push it with the school and G.P. keep the forum updated, you may even help other parents with multiples?????

my hubby and i have always been ok about splitting our triplets, (always had them put in different classes at school.) They are all so different. (non identical)
we thought sending them to different secoundary schools would be good for them (they get fed up with been called "wow your the triplets"! triplet 2 hates it ) Most importantly acadamically they are at different stages. only time will tell. We did ask them before we decided......they thought it was a good thing and are very happy with their new schools. triplet 1 said "mummy we will always still love each other, we'll be like normal brothers and sisters".......................!
take care
Dal
dee-dee

Post by dee-dee »

Hello All,

thanks for trying to help.
we have asked the school head to help......He's not going to help, basically he said we are playing twin 1 against twin 2!!!!what does he mean? we are trying to do the right thing for our children!!! it's like hitting a brick wall!!!
I'm not going to separate my boys, they need to be together.
Dal you are obviously on a different level with your triplets, maybe you are pushing them to be separate and they can't say otherwise....

Dee
daljit

Post by daljit »

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

WOTEVER! :roll:

Dal
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now