Our appeal result came today...

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

If your authority is anything like ours, we got a 'phone call initially followed by a letter of confirmation.

The authority then writes to the school in question, and the school will then contact you direct (we just got our letter from the school on Friday - woo hoo!!).

And that's all there is to it!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Marylou, it's too early in the morning for me, sorry, I should have put a little more thought into my last post.

Although we came in off the waiting list and you got in via Appeal, I shouldn't think there would be very much difference once you got your letter of confirmation from the LEA, ie: they will now write to the school and the school will then write to you.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

.... and I am sure Snowdrops would advise you to check they have the right address!!!!

... though presumably if you got the appeal result in the post, they mucy have! :oops:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Marylou - given your long journey perhaps an e-mail to admissions would be a good idea just to check that offer comes through?

Induction day is Tuesday 7th July in Bucks - many schools are doing transition work to bring on that day. PM me if you want to know more.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

It should work smoothly in Marylou's LA. Appeals notify Admissions at the same time as they write to parents. Some years ago I believe it was agreed that Appeals would also notify the school direct - to avoid any possibility of delay (I think this applies to all transfers, and not just casual admissions - but sorry if I've got this wrong).

If you haven't heard anything further within a week or so, Marylou, I suggest contacting the school to inquire about the induction (and to check that they have indeed been informed).
Etienne
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Last year we didn't find out our appeal result until after the school broke up for the summer hols. In early August we received a phone call from RLS asking us if we could collect the starting pack from the school office (although I think they would have sent it) and we returned it back to them, completed, in the same way a couple of days later.

DS collected his ordered PE kit etc a couple of days before the school started in September so although we felt a bit out on a loop it all worked out fine, just different.

Don't worry Marylou, even if your DD misses the Induction Day, although she probably won't, I am sure you can take her along to meet her form teacher and others before the end of term.

Likewise, our travel pass didn't arrive in time but a phone call to the school office and the Transport Department meant they issued DS with a temporary pass on the first day of term until his proper one came through a week or so later.

However, in theory there is still 4 weeks til the end of term so plenty of time for the school to catch up with the late ones, it just won't be in the same orderly fashion others might have been able to do it, but I know, within the first week of term, she will be no different to any of those who went through the proper time table :lol:

Ambridge x
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Thanks for all the suggestions. Etienne, even if the letter doesn't arrive at the school on Monday they will certainly be aware of their new pupil by the end of the day due to a certain Year 11 student being rather pleased with the way things have turned out! :)

I'm sure there will still be time to register DD for the induction on 7th July. It does not correspond to the induction day in our county so she and the other girl not going to the local school will probably spend a pleasant day clearing out cupboards and generally helping to get ready for the end of term! :lol:
Marylou
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Marylou - you don't need to register as all new Y7s are invited as its a County-wide event. If you haven't heard anything ring the school and find out the schedule -
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Guest55 wrote:Marylou - you don't need to register as all new Y7s are invited as its a County-wide event. If you haven't heard anything ring the school and find out the schedule -
Ok, will do - thanks. :)
Marylou
jemima

Great News

Post by jemima »

Just seen the news Marylou - well done! Really pleased for you.
Jem