Appeal Help Required

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Hi MG,
Thanks for your reply. I think you are right. I will steer away from the Why not extra time question as it has passed and would not add anything. Yes it will come down to the DDA questions and hopefully all our evidence will be enought to bridge the mark gap.
Figures crossed X !
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I didn't ask the question regarding why he didn't get extra time because I thought it was quite confrontational and from the advice that Etienne and Sally-Anne had posted they seemed to think the LA Rep wouldn't have an exact answer.
MG was entitled to ask, but I think the LA rep. would just have said "It was a decision of the panel that deals with these requests. I wasn't there, so I'm afraid I don't know. Today's appeal is an opportunity for all the issues to be re-examined." I don't think it would have achieved anything.
I believe they had read my appeal papers thoroughly and were aware of all the issues before the hearing started.
I suspect they had few questions because (a) the case was so well presented by MG, (b) the panel must have spent ages studying all the papers.
Tree wrote:MG just wanted to say that having followed your nightmare on the forum form the start that you have done brilliantly and dealt with the whole system with a resoluteness and grace that i know i couldn't have achieved i think you should be right proud and your DS
Beautifully put by Tree. :D
Etienne
Morning Glory

Post by Morning Glory »

Although I have been quiet since my appeal, I have still been reading all the threads and been wishing you all the best of luck.

I have been very busy putting together everything for DS's Statutory Assessment and I am glad to say that it is ready and will be going recorded delivery later today.

I would just like to thank everyone who has given me advice and encouragement to request this SA. They have 6 weeks to reply so I will keep you informed.

Good luck to everyone who still has appeals.

MG
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Hi MG, just wanted to say many congratulations on winning your appeal :D and good luck with the Statutory Assessment!

It is true that the systems in place are designed for the majority and there are always going to be individual cases that are not served by them. Putting your faith in yet another "system" in the form of appeals takes a leap of faith, but it's reassuring to know that it can act as a safety net for cases that fall outside the normal admission procedures for one reason or another.
Marylou
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Hi MG,
I do not appear to have received your PM?

Sx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now