Rash

Post by Rash »

I will wait for the EP reports. :)
Rash

Post by Rash »

I now have the EP report

Age at the time of testing 10y 8m

VERBAL COMPREHENSION IQ 99

PERCEPTUAL REASONING TOO VARIED TO COMPUTE (BLOCK DESIGN 15Y 10M)

WORKING MEMORY IQ 123 (DIGITAL SPAN 16Y 10M)

PROCESSING SPEED IQ 97

BASIC READING SS 94. PERCENTILE 34. AGE EQ. 9.9
SPELLING SS 95 """"""""""""""" 37. """"""""" 10.6
READING COMP "" 84 """"""""""""""" 14 """"""""" 8.9
COMMENTS DD'S UNDERLYING ABILITIES RANGE FROM SUPERIOR TO AVERAGE. SHE HAS NO UNDERLYING DEFICITS OF ABILITY COMPARED WITH HER PEER GROUP. HOWEVER WITHIN HER OWN PROFILE, SHE HAS ONE AREA OF RELATIVE WEAKNESS. COMPARED WITH HER AGE PEER GROUP SHE HAS A SUPERIOR WORKING MEMORY.

The test were done with no extra time or material modification. Can someone please comment on if this report will help towards the appeal or not
One of the other thing which was picked up in the test that DD has some form of dyslexia and she should have extra time in tests. However, due to her VI she had 25% extra time for 11+ tests.
The other issue to consider is that english is not her first language.

I have posted the full copy of the EP report in the appeals box.
Please commet if you have time

Rash
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thanks, Rash.

I'll be in touch.
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Rash

As far as I know these tests are not strictly timed. They are administered orally, but I do note that no enlarged materials were available.

I also note English as a second language. I feel sure an appeal panel would want to know whether your child has been born and educated here. It could be significant if a child has been in the UK for only a short time, having arrived with little or no knowledge of English - but it still begs the question "What alternative evidence of high ability is there then?"

The report overall is very informative and interesting, but to be honest, I'm doubtful that the one outstanding result (superior working memory - 94th percentile) is going to be enough.

I suspect an appeal panel would like to see a percentile in the 90s for a performance test such as Verbal Comprehension. Instead we have the 47th percentile (only average). A high score for perceptual reasoning might also have been of interest, but the individual results are "too varied to compute".

Sorry I can't be more encouraging.

It's just my view.
Etienne
Rash

Post by Rash »

Thank you for your reply and input Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now