Q re HT ranking for appeal (pio)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Don't worry about the post above, pio. It did nothing to help you with your appeal, but was more of a comment on the system.
Etienne
pippi

Post by pippi »

Dear pio,
I'm very sorry if I have caused you any confusion - Sally-Anne put the point much better than I did:
Sally-Anne wrote:I would draw attention to that, and very politely and gently suggest that a VR test might not always bring out the best in him. Sally-Anne
pio

pio

Post by pio »

Dear Sally Ann, I hope you don't mind that I have sent you a message through the appeal box.
Thanking you for your kind attention to the above.
Pio
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Pio

Thank you for asking so politely once again. :D

I have replied privately because a couple of points are perhaps not "public fodder".

Sally-Anne
pio

pio

Post by pio »

Dear Sally Ann, its being a while and still drafting final stages of the presentation. :( :lol: :cry: :wink: :roll: :x :shock: :? :? weeks earlier I PM'd our EP report to you and have brought in your sumary to high light our DS;s strengths.

I have noticed in some of these threads, that the CAT testing done, reported the scores not only in percentile scores as ours does but in 11plus NFER equivalent scores.
I have heard that the panel don't allways know how to equate these percentiles to the real 11+ marks.
Can you please tell me if you think I should be able to do this and if i must? I would really appreciate your help.
Pio
pio

pio

Post by pio »

Oh please excuse all the "Emotions"!!!!!! as I didn't mean them to go on the message, total accident!!!! but I have to say, it's a good summary to my morning.
This has actually made me cringe and nervously laugh to my self.
Pio
Etienne

Re: pio

Post by Etienne »

pio wrote:I have noticed in some of these threads, that the CAT testing done, reported the scores not only in percentile scores as ours does but in 11plus NFER equivalent scores.
I have heard that the panel don't allways know how to equate these percentiles to the real 11+ marks.
Can you please tell me if you think I should be able to do this and if i must? I would really appreciate your help.
Dear pio

The reason panels don't know is that it's not possible to make a direct comparison with an 11+ that has been specially standardised for the cohort.

For the same reason, it's not possible for you to do this.

As a very rough guide, panels probably like to see scores for national tests in the mid-120s.
Etienne
pio

pio

Post by pio »

Thank you Etienne, for your reply,
I thought this might be the case and we actually had our appeal yesterday..... and still recovering! I shall recall all, on the feedback section, when I feel alittle more "together".....The whole ordeal has left me going over the "what if" scenario, if I had answered better, more slowly, less quickly, louder,. ..the list goes on and on and....
Pio
pio

pio

Post by pio »

Dear Sally Ann

Just found out our appeal was unsuccessful, :cry:

I want to thank Sally Ann so very much as your advice and predictions were spot on!!!
Just wish you had been sitting in my place for the hearing... :)

Also, congratulations to everyone who worked so hard to get the results that their children truly deserved. And to those of you still waiting for replys, all my best wishes.

Pio

Sally Ann I have sent you a message through the appeal box and understand that you mustn't feel obliged to respond as I know you are very busy.
Pio
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Dear Pio I'm so sorry to hear that your appeal was unsuccessful. I hope that as the days pass it will get easier for you.

Sally-Anne may not be able to contact you for a few days. Hang in there.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now