Very encouraged!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nif229

Very encouraged!

Post by nif229 »

Evening All :lol:

My DH and I went off like lambs to the slaughter this morning for our DS's appeal hearing. We were really anxious as we just didn't know what to expect. We've heard so many horror stories about appeal hearings but we felt that ours was so positive! :D

We were shown into a smallish room where we were introduced to our panel. They all seemed really friendly and one of them even cracked a little joke about the weather.

I started by reading my presentation, amazingly enough I didn't cry :shock:. I read slowly, stopping every so often to gather myself before carrying on. My DH interjected here and there, which seemed to work quite well. The panel were in no hurry for me to finish and made notes every so often. A couple of times I found myself saying "Ooh, is this necessary?!", and the very kind Chairman said "Yes, absolutely - carry on".

We were asked several important questions, several filler questions (which we were very prepared for - thank goodness for this forum). The LEA rep also asked us several questions and we kind of felt that he may have been helping us by clarifying points on our behalf for the panel (who knows)?!?!

The panel were very friendly and tried to put us at ease when we arrived. We didn't feel like they had made their minds up before they'd even met us. We were certainly given a fair hearing.

I just want to say thank you so much to everybody who posts on this forum with advice etc. I know that we've found it invaluable. Sally-Anne and Etienne deserve a medal for giving up so much of their free time to help us :)

Now, the waiting begins. Hopefully by Saturday we may have some news. Whatever the outcome, we know that we've done the best we can for or DS and that we have certainly been given a fair hearing. :D

Best Wishes all.
Nif229
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Very well done nif - I am pleased to hear that it went well for you. You can't obviously assume that it is a success from that, but at least it wasn't a bruising experience!

Thank you for your kind words - it has been a pleasure to help you.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now