Etienne - Help Please - Appeal 7th May

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mn4538

Etienne - Help Please - Appeal 7th May

Post by mn4538 »

Hi Etienne

Im wondering if you could give me some advice please.

I have briefly spoken to you before, but I am appealing my daughter not getting into a Herts Consortium school as she underperformed on the Academic test and music test and where we lived at the time of application was 8k metres away from the school. They have allocated her Bushey Academy

My grounds for appeal are as follows:
Social/Medical - my daughter was attacked and suffered with a serious medical problems, and still now is suffering from depression and anxiety. My doctor has written a strong report explaining the whole situation and also advising that my daughter cannot physically take the bus to Bushey Academy number 1 because she will not go out alone anymore, and number 2 because some of the children who bullied her whilst she was really ill go to that school, and she would probably do something stupid to herself rather than get on that bus. The doctor has recommended the appeal school because of the support network, there are friends of ours who go there who would be happy to take her to school and bring her home. I have also had an EP report done that states that my daughter needs to be in a school where she feels safe and supported and that my daughter has stated that the appeal schools where she wants to go as she has friends there and she does not have to go by bus.

My second point of appeal is distance. We were moved by the local authority due to my daughters attack, the house happens to be on 1600 metres away from the appeal school so had we had this address when we applied she would have definitely gotten a place as the furthest child away they offered a place was over 1700 metres. It is not our fault that we were not at the new address at time of application, that is the way social housing works.

I am just wondering whether you think we have a good chance of success, and how you think I should word my appeal case especially in regard to the 2nd point?

Thanks
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

mn4538 - I want to wish you the very best of luck with your appeal. Could I just say though that I am sure that everyone who reads this will be very shocked, of course, by what you have suffered. Perhaps though some of the comments should be edited out and a private message sent to the inbox with the more delicate details?

Please don't be offended by that. Just not sure you want the world to know all of this?
mn4538

Post by mn4538 »

HI T12acy

I did try to pm Etienne several times, but the system kept telling me I could not PM her for some reason. I am sorry, and yes I could have adapted it, but I had written the whole question in a message to her and when I wouldn't send I just copied and pasted it rather than type it out again. I don't know if there is a way that I can edit out a post already submitted?
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

You can edit it once posted so you can remove parts which are more personal. Just click edit in the corner of the post.

You need to email the appeals box. Details on how to do this are at the top of the page where it says you can email here, with here being in blue..... You can't PM Etienne directly without her permission I think.
mn4538

Post by mn4538 »

Thanks very much for your help, I'll do that now.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

You are very welcome, I see you have tweaked it. Good luck :)
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Sorry to hear of you and your DD's terrible time.

Wishing you all the best with your appeal, mine is the same day as yours so will have everything crossed for you as well.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

i am sorry for all your daughter and family have suffered - to me it sounds a strong case and i wish you all the luck in the world. Hopefully one of the experts will be able to advice you :)
mn4538

Post by mn4538 »

Thanks everyone! Twinkles may I ask what school ur appealing for? And is it on academic grounds?
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Hi mn4538

I am appealing to Norton Knatchbull in Kent and it's for non-qualification and over-subscription!!!