Question for Guest66

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nervous Mother

Question for Guest66

Post by Nervous Mother »

Hello Guest66 and thank you for your recent post.
I wondered if you could let us know what your child's academic evidence was. Previous VRT scores, SAT scores, ranking of suitability. If they were around the same as my daughters it would definitely make me a bit less nervous for the appeal.

Nervous Mother

Post by Guest »

Hi Nervous Mother, My son acheived 2 level 5's (just) in the practice SATS at the end of year 5 and a VRT score of 128 (also at the end of year 5 although im not sure what the exact test was as we were not even aware he had sat it :D ). He was predicted 3 Level 5's for year 6 and came with a Head Reccomendation of 1:2. There was no order of suitability as his Primary school is in Berkshire and this is not a requirement. We are half a mile from the Bucks border. He scored 116 and 109 in his 11+. With regards to academic evidence i took with me his current Maths, English and science books and his form tutor also chose his RE book. They had stuck post it notes on the pieces of work they felt showed his true academic ability so the panel could find them easily. I came out after the appeal feeling that whatever the outcome i felt i had been given a fair hearing and i can assure you i was a nervous wreck before - i went on my own (so no one would know if i made a mess of it :lol: ) but it honestly wasnt as bad as i thought. I know its easy for me to say in hind sight but they are only doing a job and are human. Hope this answers your questions but ive mised anything out let me know and ill try to help.

Good Luck

Guest66
Nervous Mother

Thank You!

Post by Nervous Mother »

Dear Guest66,
Thanks so much for the reply. If you read my first post you can see my daughter's academic evidence is similer. I definitely feel a bit better knowing your appeal was successful.
My appeal is Jan. 18.
I don't know how I ever would have coped during this time without the help of you and all of the other wonderful people who have posted messages.

I'm hoping after my appeal I can change my username to something more postive.

Nervous Mother

Post by Guest »

Hi Nervous Mother, Im sorry i didnt remember your 1st post about your daughter but i'm addicted to this site and read so much i confuse the information about what daughter/son goes with what user :? . Glad to hear your appeal sounds very similar to mine and i hope your outcome is the same. I then had the worry that would he be bottom of a Grammar school as he had got through on appeal but thats another story :shock: :D !!! We mothers have to worry about something :lol: I assure you that so far so good - he loves his new school. I'll have everything crossed for you and please do come back and let us know how you get on.

Guest66