Appeal paperwork

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T12ACY

Re: Appeal paperwork

Post by T12ACY »

Snowdrops wrote:It's scary what people believe gets them into a school of their choice.

I know three teachers who believe that, because they work in education, they can get their child into the school of their choice - contacts you know :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Same here, but only 1.... who had help completing her appeal from the HT of the school she was applying to. Totally not right but they are friends and the HT is moving on to a new school in September, so that's ok then :?
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

Well we won our first appeal but have put that down to a trial run in preparation for the much more important appeal tomorrow.

If the timings and post is the the same we should know by Friday, i feel the need to offer the clerk a first class stamp :D
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Well done on winning your first appeal, Fluffy! :)
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

Well done Fluffy 66 on winning your appeal. Congrats and good luck for tomorrow...
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

Thankfully we have won our second and far more important appeal. I now know my DS will be in the very best place for his sec education, as he has been for his primary education.

I'm so glad its all over feel like we have been living on a knife edge for at least a year.

Mods you may feel the need to edit this bit.......but, in our opinion, we had the most fantastic proffesional help (from the other web site) and i feel we would not have got through this without that help. For me personally i had the confidence that we were going in the right direction. Yes we have forfeited our family holiday for this and a EP report but it has secured our family stability and there is no price for that.

As a side note .... if not edited i will not be entering into any debate on the subject this is strictly in our experience :)

Gosh hope i don't sound to opinionated or snotty :?
jingle

Post by jingle »

Glad that you had a happy ending Fluffy :)
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Thats terrific new fluffy....
becs1

Post by becs1 »

Congratulations :) Were we appealing for same school i wonder????
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

Bec1...... think you've got a DD and my DS is going to an all boys GS :D Not that my DS would notice a girl anywhere in his sight - they don't seem to feature just yet :D

Now that its sunk in i just feel so relieved we can get on with normal life. I see Bundie has won today too.

Is there anyone else out there still waiting on their outcome i wonder :?: T12acy you are :?:

Will have to try and restrict myself to checking the website once a day my DH thinks theres no reason to keep checking in now

I do have one more dilema though ..... i'm trying to work out what cool and whats not for sec school as my DS is not good at that. At the mo he is still insistant that he is wearing shorts to GS :? We've replaced the Bart Simpson lunch bag with a tupperware tub. Anything else i should be looking out for :!: :?:
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

LOL - Fluffy yes I am due to attend a further appeal but not for another week, then a week or so to wait I guess :?

I would suggest a sports branded or 'animal' rucksack. Y'day I got one for DS2 with padded shoulders, like a mini hiking bag as the books are so heavy! Agree shorts are a very big no no, don't think they actually form part of a GS uniform or at least not ours :lol:
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now