Any results from Bucks appeals yet?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mark

Any results from Bucks appeals yet?

Post by Mark »

We had our appeal on Friday. It was hard going, but with 110 points it was always going to be.

I am waiting for the postman every day, like I'm waiting for my exam results to arrive. They say we will receive the results within 7 working days but they could obviously arrive at any time. I think the first appeals were last Thursday, so I was wondering if anybody who had an appeal last week has had a result yet. It will give me a clue to how fast they are processing the paperwork and mean I can come away from the letterbox and do some work!
Darren

Post by Darren »

Why was it hard going Mark ? Did they ask you about everything or just focus on the 110 score ?

Did you daughter have any problems during the test or was it just too hard for her ?

fingers crossed for you..
dissapointed mum

Post by dissapointed mum »

Hi Mark
I believe 2 people have had results with success so far. I think their appeals were wed/thurs and they recieved post Saturday.
Did you have extenuating circumstances as a reason aswell as academic evidence?
Just a thought but perhaps the extenuating circumstances cases take a bit longer for them to go through and process with a result.
Anybody else shed any light on this?
DP
Darren

Post by Darren »

No News is good News!!!

I Sincerely hope so...

Post by Guest »

The extenuating circumstances make no difference - each Appeal is decided immediately after you leave the room and the panel have looked at any schoolbooks. The only variable is how much time the Clerk for each appeal has to prepare and post the letters.

I hope you hear shortly - the results usually arrive in a couple of days, so perhaps tomorrow for you Mark?

Again, I would remind people that Bucks have been known to mess up on posting letters - exam results and appeal verdicts. If the 7 days go by and you've not heard, ring them immediately, and don't take no for an answer. They will email the results in that situation.

Good luck
Sally-Anne
mutley

appeals

Post by mutley »

We were one of the first case to be seen last Thursday and received the verdict on Saturday morning unfortunately for us our appeal was not successful - I have posted elsewhere on this site about our case of twins but every case is different and so is every panel.

Good luck to all.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Sorry to frighten everyone by saying our hearing was hard going. The reason it was so bad (nearly two hours) was because our appeal was based on the Disability Discrimination Act and we had a barrister representing us. The hearing itself is nothing to be afraid of. All those involved realise how stressful it is on the parents and make an effort to relax you.

They asked questions about interests outside of school and whether I had coached him myself or paid for a tutor (obvious answer!), as well as questions relating to the dysleaxia etc. We gave it our best shot, so whatever the decision we will have to live with it.

More details of our case are in my earlier posting 'Reasonable adjustments....'

Thanks for the info about others results arriving. Looks like we will get ours tomorrow then. I'll let you all know if I'm not too busy drowning my sorrows.
GM

Post by GM »

Our appeal was on this Monday and just got the letter this morning. Thanks god our result is sucessful. Wish you good luck too.
Mark

Post by Mark »

We have our result and it's not good news. Good luck everyone else who is going through this nightmare at the moment.
dissapointed mum

Post by dissapointed mum »

Dear Mark
So sorry to hear about you outcome. Does it state in your letter that you can take it further on the disability discrimination grounds, as I understand it to be two separate appeals. Am I wrong assuming this?
All the best with whatever you decide and your sons future.
DP