Appeal query

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
go4it

Appeal query

Post by go4it »

Hi,

After months of waiting, I have now received my appeal date. I am in two minds now - especially as so much time has passed and, not sounding too negative, am wondering if I am just wasting my time.

My main reasons are now that all the places have been allocated, which includes all the late sitters - surely they can't offer any more places as the school is oversubscribed already.

My child was sure he/she had passed and was well prepared - has always been in the top sets and always over achieved as well as on g & t register and missed a place by one mark - last time I asked was on number 15 on the waiting list.

In a way we sort of closed the chapter in our lives and accepted that our child won't go to grammar school - even though we know our child will do well at the local secondary school. We only appealed at the time as our child was so upset and we were so emotionally drained as well - didn't make sense at the time as our child worked so hard -

I'm not sure I will be able to persuade the judges and as I said will it all be a waste of time and effort ?I am really nervous. Any advice.
Etienne

Re: APPEAL QUERY

Post by Etienne »

surely they can't offer any more places as the school is oversubscribed already.
Nationally, most appeals are about oversubscription - and on average around 30% are successful.

If I've learned one thing about appeals, it's that you can never be sure what will happen, so you may as well give it a go!

You need academic evidence of high ability, plus reasons for wanting a place at the school in question.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... rs.php#b11
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... ers.php#c2
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now