Standard papers for LA to produce at appeal?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T12ACY

Re: Standard papers for LA to produce at appeal?

Post by T12ACY »

Are late applications dealth with in any different way?

I have approached it in a similar way to the previous hearing and am unsure if I need to fill in the gaps by producing the Head Teacher Assessment Referral or should leave it out as it did raise questions.

Also how late is it acceptable to submit additional evidence prior to the hearing?
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Appeals relating to late applications follow the same rules.

I'm afraid I can't help with the Head Teacher Assessment Referral - it depends whether you feel on balance it will help your case.
Also how late is it acceptable to submit additional evidence prior to the hearing?
There shouldn't be a problem if they receive any new evidence a week before the hearing. See also:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... rs.php#b13
(scroll down to "Whether additional information can technically be presented as late as the day of the appeal .....")
Etienne
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Thanks Etienne. :)
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Alex

Post by Alex »

T12ACY,
Have just read your post on another thread and realised you have been facing the ordeal of another appeal today. Hope all went well for you and sending you best wishes for a good outcome this time....
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

:lol:

I had thought the comment may have gone somewhat under the radar as kept the ordeal very much to myself this time around.... Thank you for your message of support :D

Was a very different experience this time around and will post feedback when I have the result :?

(by the way the LA didn't have any defending papers whatsoever as the schools case for not taking an additional pupil was disregarded as spaces were available and I was a stand alone appeal.....)
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi

so you have a good chance then?? Hope so, you really deserve it!!!! Was it a GS??
Fingers crossed ****
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Ooh, that sound's very positive, when will you hear? GOOD LUCK :D
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

T12ACY wrote::lol:

(by the way the LA didn't have any defending papers whatsoever as the schools case for not taking an additional pupil was disregarded as spaces were available and I was a stand alone appeal.....)

Ohhh that sounds promising, wishing you loads of luck
keeping everything crossed for you :P
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Should hear in a week, standard time frame....

It was a GS so battling the non qualification but I think they got loud and clear this time how DS was affected whether they liked it or not! (no tears from me, yay!!!)
chicko-mum

Post by chicko-mum »

Keeping fingers crossed for this one, good luck wishes coming your way. x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now