Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Appeal today
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:10 pm 
Hi Everyone,
The posts have dried up lately. It's a bummer for people who still need support.
I had my appeal today. My husband was stuck in another country because of the bad weather and wasn't able to attend so I had to go it alone. Yikes!! I was very nervous at first, but as everyone else has said, the panel was full of very polite people who were trying very hard to make me feel at ease. They were very kind, but I was still a bit on the nervous side. If you've been reading the posts on this website you have a basic idea of what the panel are looking for and what they are going to ask you. Get prepared. Make sure you are fully armed with all of the best academic evidence you could possibly have.
I don't have much advice, especially since I haven't even received our result yet. All I can say is don't worry about feeling threatened. The panel should be praised in their effort to keep it friendly.

If you're reading, start writing!

NM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:23 pm 
Thanks for your encouraging words to those still waiting - let us know the result as every successful Appeal is good news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:28 pm 

Any news????

Post subject: Successful Appeal!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:28 pm 
Hi GIA,

Thank you for asking. We were successful. I posted our result on Sunday Jan. 21.
The day we opened the letter was very emotional. Our relief was almost more then we could bare. There were lots of tears. I still get teary whenever I talk about the appeal to anyone. I think I can safely say getting our children through the Eleven Plus Appeal ranks right up there with the most stressful things we will face.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting and to those who haven't been successful.

NM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:29 pm 
Hi GIA,

Thank you for asking. We were successful. I posted our result on Sunday Jan. 21.
The day we opened the letter was very emotional. Our relief was almost more then we could bare. There were lots of tears. I still get teary whenever I talk about the appeal to anyone. I think I can safely say getting our children through the Eleven Plus Appeal ranks right up there with the most stressful things we will face.

NM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:29 pm 
Hi GIA,

NM

Post subject: Skillful Posting!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:31 pm 
Sorry Everyone,

I realize you probably don't need to read my post 3 times. I guess I lost my posting ability. Too much stress!

NM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:37 pm 

Hi NM,

Am so happy for you. Congratulations! Have had a few tears tonight, am feeling pretty low about my impending appeal.

It's nice to hear good news from others though.

Gia.