Not sure whether to appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Not sure whether to appeal

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

More info..

Having reviewed some of my PM's (private messages) from last year, the earlier review ( as in the one where info is required intwo weeks) is known as a headmasters review, it comes after the results and is a separate review to the LA Appeal, Results were advised November. I think the reason we did not do this was that it wasn't very clear to us at the time.
Wording below is from gthe website, not particularly clear that this is separate to LA appeal ( in my opinion)

What happens if my child fails the entrance exam?

A. As with the Trafford 11+ you will be able to appeal through a Local Review.

Q9. Who do I appeal to?

A. You will be offered a review by the School's "Admissions Review Body".

Anyway hope this extra info helps.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

If it is indeed a pre review before the LA Appeals ( as I think and Trafford mum seems to think as per her message below) then does that mean that they insist on having everything in by the deadline.
Good point. If this is a review and not a statutory appeal, then they can make their own rules up!
Etienne
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi Etienne

Believe me, this school does!!!

Without being cynical, I don't know why they bother, they made it quite clear at the LA Appeal who they wanted and didn't want.

Presumably because people can still have an LA appeal, they can do what they want with this one?

Is there no requirement to highlight the fact that an LA Appeal is possible even if this earlier review is not successful?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

They should certainly make clear that parents still have the right to go to a statutory appeal. It's possible they mention a statutory appeal somewhere else, but it's confusing.

The more I hear about what some own-admission authority schools are doing, the more worried I am! :roll:
Etienne
Dougal

Post by Dougal »

I have just finished my letter for the appeal. The school have written a good supporting letter and I have a letter from the optician.
Just need to keep my fingers crossed. Thank you to everyone for all your help.