11+ exam results

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

supermum

11+ exam results

Post by supermum »

Hi everyone.
Had my son's 11+ results on saturday and he failed with a score of 455,a pass is 519.we returned the form to request a review today and will probably end up having to appeal as well.my son has a lisp and was bullied throughout years 4+5 and was understandably reluctant to attend school because of this.as a result he missed quite a bit of school,but has worked hard all last term,going to school run 11+ club and doing practice papers at home.his teacher said she was pleased with his progress and that he should have no trouble in the exam,his weakest subject being maths,for which we had papers at home.his marks on the papers at home were always good,so we were quite dismayed when he failed by such a large margin.we have one son two years older already at our local grammar school and we wanted them both to go to the same one,also the comp in our area has a bad reputation.we are surprised by his poor performance.has anyone got any advice for me?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear supermum

If you haven't already done so, please read the Q&As (follow the link at the top of the page).

If you then have any specific questions, please mention which area you are from (most recent posters are from Bucks, but clearly you are not!), and we'll try to help.

Regards
Etienne

Post by Guest »

Hi Supermum,

Firstly, sorry I feel for you and the reuslt you received.

Secodly, put a little more gently than Etienne has put it, there is an appeal section, that you should post this in... I know you are from Medway, but this specific board is not just Buck owned, and so you were not completely wrong just unsure, and upset. :)

Hey, a big ((Hug))

Take care,

I.
Etienne

appeals section

Post by Etienne »

Supermum hasn't done anything "wrong" - this is the right section for appeals .... :D

Posts from all areas are very welcome here.

Forumadmin has helpfully put a link to the Q&As at the top of the page, and for general advice on appeals I would suggest starting there for an overview.

When moving on to specific questions, I would encourage newcomers to give an indication of where they are from, because sometimes we can then be more helpful when attempting an answer.
Etienne
Darren

Post by Darren »

Medway Selection looks to be more tougher than Bucks with Maths , English and VR all tested. But probably a fairer test with all topics covered.

Some of the posts look scary with Kids fainting, being sick in buckets during testing. This is not good at all for them poor kids...

The Maths Paper looks like it has caught a lot of kids out with difficulty.

At least Medway only wait a few weeks for results unlike 3 months for some of us.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now