Scores Appeal - is it worth it (Kent)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dazza21h

Re: Scores Appeal - is it worth it (Kent)

Post by dazza21h »

T12ACY wrote:Just quickly whizzed, and wanted to say. Book to go and view the actual papers. You will be abe to see where 'it all went wrong' and this could help you to build your appeal. For example, you have said there was a reason why his concentration will have been affected. The answer sheet may add weight to this argument. Furthermore it is not unheard of for there to be an error in the machine marking, it is rare but it does happen. The admissions woman we saw was brilliant and pointed out things we hadn't considered, and went on to use. We did fail one appeal, but won another.

Good luck, of course it's worth it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained :wink:
Many thanks all for your input on the thread, it has so far been very useful.

However I have spoken to the school and they cannot tell me who to speak to regarding viewing his actual papers to obtain a copy. Can anyone help with this ??

Also I'm being extremely dumb what is a superselective classed as, grammer or advanced grammer?
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

have a look at this thread about viewing papers

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... iew+papers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

You have to contact the Admissions team at the Local Authority. If it's Kent this is -
Admissions and Transport Team
Room 2.24, Sessions House
County Hall
Maidstone ME14 1XQ

Tel: 01622 696565
Fax: 01622 696665

Super Selectives are the schools which will take any DC who scored in the top so many % regardless of where they live. These are The Judd, Skinners and the other one has left my brain....... they are Grammar Schools, exactly the same as any other but they will not take a regular pass. Lots of information about them on the forum.
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
dazza21h

Post by dazza21h »

Thank you T12ACY, that confirmed what i was thinking. I will contact admissions to request an appointment.
madasahatter

Post by madasahatter »

and the other one has left my brain.
Tonbridge Grammar school (for girls) - TOGS