Appeals

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiredmum

Re: Appeals

Post by tiredmum »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=14382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
heres T12ACY appeasl thread
mixed emotions

Post by mixed emotions »

Thankyou, will have a good read :)
mixed emotions

Post by mixed emotions »

Hi everyone, havnt posted on the forum for a while as been concentrating on gathering evidence for my DDs appeal. We had a parents evening last night and were informed that my DD achieved fantastic results in her mock sats...

100 percent in all 3 maths papers, therefore a 5a
5b in reading
5b in writing.

The headteacher has advised that there is more than enough evidence in the school books of my DDs ability and obviously we will be using the above results to form the appeal as the actual sats results will not be available in time.

Would just like any advice on anything else that we can add to our appeal which could make it stronger, I will be mentioning the twin link as a secondary to the academic evidence. As offer day (1st March) is approaching I am feeling more and more nervous, just cannot see how some panels come to their conclusions...
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Hi! Well the mock results look great, especially the Maths with 100%, so make sure you get this written evidence on school headed paper :)

My best advice is keep the written presentation to the bare minimum and include evidence of all your 'claims'. I wrote mine out and cut out about 75% of it (basically all the 'soft stuff') You need to keep to very hard facts and remember your appeal is for a place to be granted despite the 11+ result, your appeal isn't reliant only on challenging the scores achieved. Sounds a very odd way of looking at it, but if you can demostrate why the school is best suited to your DD's needs and show that the Maths fail was unexpected by providing evidence of her ability. You may also need to cover 'general' ability and not focus solely on the Maths, but the mods will advise you on that better than I can.

The HT (and sometimes FT) can provide a supporting statement but talk with them about what you want them to say. Mine came back very good but was missing quite a lot of points I felt we needed so I talked it through with her and it was tweaked, making me feel like the Teacher for a change!!! What you don't want is a statement which looks like it has been copied and pasted, but one which is very personal to your DD.

I stole my format from dejavu and was complimented on by the clerk for it's transparency and fullness of detail, while keeping to specific facts. Do read the feedback section, not only for Kent Appeals but others too as they are also full of tips. The forum is full of knowledge so ask any questions no matter how daft they seem, there are loads of people who will do their very best to help.

Good luck x
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
mixed emotions

Post by mixed emotions »

Thank you for the advice, I feel that now that my dd has put the effort in and achieved such good results the pressure is now on me to convince the panel just hope I dnt let her down :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now