nA

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dinoo

nA

Post by dinoo »

na
Last edited by dinoo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Etienne

Re: Bucks 120 your help matters

Post by Etienne »

We are thinking of getting the papers rechecked is it worth doing so. Although we know the OMR gives accurate reading after the checking the Answer sheet, But this is still a machine and may come with inaccuracy at times.
All we can say is that it's very rare for mistakes to be found. Might be worth it for your peace of mind.
Etienne
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

As incredible as this may sound getting 90% in the Bucks 11+ is actually close to the minimum required for a pass mark if your DC is one of the oldest in the academic year! A value of 90% is 72/80. Last year I believe around 72 was the raw score needed to pass for Sept born children. Who knows this year? With nerves etc it might be easy to make a couple of mistakes which could just drop the raw score a little. Hopefully with a score like 120 and strong academic evidence you would stand a good chance at appeal?
Like you though I would always wonder if there was a slight marking error and for peace of mind I can see why you would want to get it checked....
dinoo

Post by dinoo »

NA
Last edited by dinoo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi dinoo

Could you please send me a PM (Private Message) with the name of the school - assuming it is a state school.

I will do a little digging for you because there does seem to be a problem.

Sally-Anne
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

dinoo wrote:. HT summary does not seems to much impressive 86 91 and 91 percentile in VR NVR and been given as 4:2 which is unusual. predicted level as 4, How can a child achieve 120
in VR Exam which has Vocab, Maths and Logic, and a Child can under perform in the school, My DS has always been in Lower sets due to age. But still has the ability to get a score of 120 if given opportunity to a task.
well the 91 percentile is very good - within top 10%
The head giving a 4:2 and a predicted sats level of 4 isnt too good though and dosnt seem to match the 120 11 plus score - what was the other paper?
OMR readers can miss answers - i know of a couple of instances but not in your 11 plus area
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

"Predicted level" usually refers to SATs, but are you referring to the headteacher recommendation? If so, what are the KS2 predictions for end of year 6?

As tiredmum says, we need to know the other 11+ score as well.
Etienne
dinoo

Post by dinoo »

NA
Last edited by dinoo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

is there a way I can attach the HT report to you in the PM
The easiest way, if you have access to a scanner, is to scan and email to the Appeals Box (follow confidential information link at top of page for details).

Perhaps you could tell us via the Appeals Box who "one of the Appeal experts" is. Someone on the forum?

Thanks
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now