Educational Assessor Report (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GJK003

Educational Assessor Report (Bucks)

Post by GJK003 »

My daughter has recently failed the 11+ exam and we wish to appeal. As part of the appeal process we have undertaken an educational assessment. Should I include the whole report, just the test results or simply refer to the key points in my appeal letter.
Please note I have sent background info to the appeals box

Thanks G.
Sally-Anne

Re: Educational Assessor Report (Bucks)

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi GJK003

You should definitely include the full report, although if you wish to have more thinking time it can be submitted after the appeal form & Head's summary sheet that are both due in this Friday.

You can refer to the "headlines" from the report in your letter, but bullet points will be best.

On your extenuating circumstances, may I ask a) exactly how many weeks before the tests did the second issue happen, and could you please give us a little more detail of the impact on your daughter? and b) Did the school notice a dip in her schoolwork or other problems during September? If so, are they willing to confirm it in writing?

Sally-Anne
GJK003

Post by GJK003 »

Hi Sally Anne

Thanks for your advice. I will ensure that full report is submitted with form and head teachers report on Friday.
Regarding the second of the extenuating circumstances - this has happened over the last 12-18 months, but only ended circa 4 weeks before the exam. In terms of impact, both issues have resulted in my daughters previously excellent progress, levelling off - this has been reflected in the head teachers report.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

GJK003 wrote: this has been reflected in the head teachers report.
That will certainly be helpful , provided it is in the format "Susan's performance at school dipped during this period", rather than "Susan's parents believe that ..."

S-A
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now