Enough evidence....Bucks 119?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Etienne

Re: Enough evidence....Bucks 119?

Post by Etienne »

As all of this is contained in Head's summary, letter and report anyway , does it need to be spelt out on the appeal letter?
No, I don't think it's necessary, assuming there's nothing you particularly wish to draw to the panel's attention.
Etienne
rubyblueruby

Post by rubyblueruby »

Ok here we go! Appeal next week and trying to sort presentation. Since last post have sent extra evidence for consideration. Class teacher wrote a strongly supportive letter detailing DS current academic position -Working at sound level 5a in maths differentiated with KS3 curriculum. Works consistently at level 5 in writing (5c at yr5), reading age now 15 plus taken Jan 2011. She notes how he has worked consistently within top 5% throughout his school life and also makes reference to him being uncharacteristically withdrawn at time of tests mentioning lack of ability to focus at the time. I also sent a copy of the Times league tables which places school very highly within our county and nationally. As we are 'OOC' how much weight will be given to the fact that he is in top 5%of high performing school and should I mention it or 'allude gently'?!( eg if top 5% and top mathematician in school at top of league in one county does that equate to schools with similar results/ top of league in Bucks?) Mentioned on another thread that Head gave DS 1-1 but as we are OOC this was after event, but she truly believes that he is suitable for G S Ed, so hope panel deem her 'credible', surely they can't disregard it because she didn't provide one before test? Also have no books to take to show panel, school policy not to let off premises, also much of work on photocopies or computer to aid differentiated learning, will this look like i'm trying to hide something? :? This is all the evidence that I have so only hope it is enough!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

As we are 'OOC' how much weight will be given to the fact that he is in top 5%of high performing school and should I mention it or 'allude gently'?!
I think I'd be impressed, but it's up to the panel.
if top 5% and top mathematician in school at top of league in one county does that equate to schools with similar results/ top of league in Bucks?)
Not necessarily, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.
However, if you really want to check, one measurement would be to look up your school's average point score, then find a Bucks primary with the same average point score, then see how highly placed that primary school is within Bucks.
http://www.education.gov.uk/performance ... y_10.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mentioned on another thread that Head gave DS 1-1 but as we are OOC this was after event, but she truly believes that he is suitable for G S Ed, so hope panel deem her 'credible', surely they can't disregard it because she didn't provide one before test?
They won't disregard it, but it's up to them what weight they give it.
Also have no books to take to show panel, school policy not to let off premises, also much of work on photocopies or computer to aid differentiated learning, will this look like i'm trying to hide something?
I don't think so, so long as you explain to the panel.
Etienne
rubyblueruby

Post by rubyblueruby »

Thanks! Appeal on monday so last minute panic I fear. Just trying to cover every angle. Thanks for your advice, as always. RBR :)
rubyblueruby

Post by rubyblueruby »

Phew! What a relief that's over, can I have my life back now please!?!
Appeal today, not as intimidating as had expected, very pleasant panel, really put us at ease, had obviously read evidence and were well prepared in their questioning. Like everybody else, have absolutely no idea as to how they might vote! Will play the waiting game and keep everything crossed! Will try to post details in other section when I have recovered!
Good luck to everyone waiting or yet to have their appeal. RBR :)
rubyblueruby

Post by rubyblueruby »

Got it! We were successful, I can't begin to tell you how relieved we are! When I told DS he had tears in his eyes, makes all the hours stressing worthwhile. Without a doubt I would not have been able to cope had it not been for the outstanding support and advice that I have gained from this site, so a huge thank you to everyone on here. Good luck to all those still waiting. RBR :D
mrsmum

Post by mrsmum »

That's fantastic news, really pleased for you. Well done. Enjoy the moment.
It's a horrid process to have to go through.
KT36

Post by KT36 »

Super news. Enjoy a glass of fiz to celebrate :)
rubyrubyruby

Post by rubyrubyruby »

fantastic- great news!! Relax and enjoy

RRR
mk123

Post by mk123 »

Congratulations rubyblueruby! Enjoy the moment. Happy for you and and your son.
:D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now